Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Do cookies change when shifting between RSIDs?

Level 4

Hello,

Let's say part of my website is tagged with RSID # 1 and other parts are only tagged with RSID # 2. Would any part of the visitor cookie persist as people navigated through pages or would they be two different Visitors? Would the referrer of RSID#1 be lost so that the traffic would look to be direct in RSID # 2?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

1. It will treat as new visitor to the RSID#2.

2. Data will be lost while going from RSID#1 to RSID#2.

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

1. It will treat as new visitor to the RSID#2.

2. Data will be lost while going from RSID#1 to RSID#2.

Regards

Devinder

Level 3

Hi Devinder,

Would it be true even if the website domain on RSID1 and Website domain on RSID2 matches and the first-party cookie domain also matches the website domain?

i.e, RSID1 - www.abc.com

RSID2 - www.abc.com

1st party cookie domain - metrics.abc.com

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

Sid Hague wrote...

Hi Devinder,

Would it be true even if the website domain on RSID1 and Website domain on RSID2 matches and the first-party cookie domain also matches the website domain?

i.e, RSID1 - www.abc.com

RSID2 - www.abc.com

1st party cookie domain - metrics.abc.com

Thanks.

It does not matter where the traffic is coming from, data that goes to two different RSID's are always going to be counted separately.

If you had two different domains going to the same RSID, they would be counted as the same visitor as long as both Appmeasurement libraries used the same trackingServer variable.