Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data feeds / Classifications

Level 5

I'm curious how others are handling classification data when bringing data feeds in-house.  There doesn't seem to be a way to include in the data feeds or a way to schedule (s)FTP delivery.  Other others manually downloading?  Using API?  Other options?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Nice thought.

I haven't heard anyone trying to export classifications on a periodic basis from AA, as it is usually to import.

You are right, that periodic scheduling would only be possible via API at this point.

You should put this on ideas.omniture.com to get this across product management.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you are using FTP export option, you can connect to that server via SFTP and get the files.

Level 5

Yea, that would be the "manual" option.  I wish there was a way to schedule delivery on a daily/weekly basis (which seems less time consuming to setup than writing something API-based).

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Nice thought.

I haven't heard anyone trying to export classifications on a periodic basis from AA, as it is usually to import.

You are right, that periodic scheduling would only be possible via API at this point.

You should put this on ideas.omniture.com to get this across product management.

Level 5

I think the classification rule builder really gave a big reason to have it go the other way as well.

Somebody had actually posted this to ideas a couple months ago.

Employee Advisor

Oh yes! Rule Builder makes sense to have data exported.