Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data Discrepancies in Adobe Analytics API and Adobe Analytics Dashboard

Level 1

Hi,

When we compare the data coming from Adobe Analytics API and Analytics Dashboard, we see a discrepancy of around 1-2% in the metric values for a few dimensions for any given date range selected. We compared a few dates from October 2021 and checked with the dashboard, and we see a discrepancy. Let me know if there is any specific reason for this.

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@PerformicsIndia 

It depends on the version of API you are using, it you are using API 1.4 , it is expected to have some discrepancy, since Adone analytics dashboards use API 2.0.If you are using 2.0 version, the best way is use data feeds to see if the hits are excluded and validate the data.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

I will recommend checking data feeds to validate if all the hits sent to Analytics are being received. You should also check if any of the hits were excluded. 

Community Advisor

Check your internal URL filter or processing rules - gives you the insight if you have setup rules for some data to modify.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@PerformicsIndia 

It depends on the version of API you are using, it you are using API 1.4 , it is expected to have some discrepancy, since Adone analytics dashboards use API 2.0.If you are using 2.0 version, the best way is use data feeds to see if the hits are excluded and validate the data.