Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification Rule Builder & vlookups

Level 1

Hi!  We have a variable that collects our display advertising parameters.  For example, 1534654|1256564|359745|134564 where each number between the pipes stands for a different element of the ad.  (Site|Placement|Ad|Creative).  I was able to separate out the element numbers using classification rule builder regular expressions so now I have one report for each:  Site, Placement, Ad, Creative but it comes across as just the numbers.  How can I upload what those numbers stand for if I've already classified them in rule builder?  I was thinking a sub class for those numbers and then doing SAINT but I wasn't able to get that to work.  Please let me know, thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Mindy,

So it sounds like your classifications haven't finished processing. Sometimes it can take up to 72 hours for the classifications to propagate to all of the Adobe Analytics servers. Here is a link to info on SAINT Classification processing time:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/saint-processing-time.html

Best,

Ryan Praskievicz

@ryanpraski

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi,

Did you setup the classifications for each variable Site, Placement, Ad, Creative yet?

If not go to Admin > Choose your report suite > Click on your report suite > Edit Settings > Conversion (or Traffic) > Conversion (or Traffic) Classification 

Then in the drop down below where it says Select Classification Type find each variable then click the arrow next to the variable name and add a text classification.

Best,

Ryan Praskievicz

@ryanpraski

Level 1

Hi Ryan

Yes, I did add the classification, then I uploaded it into a FTP so that might be the reason its taking awhile.  When I try to download the template, the following message comes up so I'll just wait and see if it goes through.  Thanks for your help! 

• The selected report has SAINT data that hasn't propagated to all servers yet.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Mindy,

So it sounds like your classifications haven't finished processing. Sometimes it can take up to 72 hours for the classifications to propagate to all of the Adobe Analytics servers. Here is a link to info on SAINT Classification processing time:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/saint-processing-time.html

Best,

Ryan Praskievicz

@ryanpraski