Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification import of huge file in FTP

Level 1

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me import a classification file to FTP after making changes? Also the file size is really huge of about 3 lakh rows.

Thanks,

M.S.Sharmila

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

for ftp import in classification importer you need to ensure you pick metrics you want to import. Then use its assigned login info.(basically each metric has its own ftp access point/login)

Once thats defined then make sure you use correct classification file and then save it. I honestly have only done ftp files with up to around 1 million rows.

Use a regular ftp client and it should work. The bigger the file remember the longer it can take to refresh data...

Good luck

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

for ftp import in classification importer you need to ensure you pick metrics you want to import. Then use its assigned login info.(basically each metric has its own ftp access point/login)

Once thats defined then make sure you use correct classification file and then save it. I honestly have only done ftp files with up to around 1 million rows.

Use a regular ftp client and it should work. The bigger the file remember the longer it can take to refresh data...

Good luck

Community Advisor

Never used that one but pretty much any simple ftp client should work. 

Level 1

Not getting data even after uploading the file on winscp. Can someone help me here?

SharmilaMS_0-1635447544663.png

Thanks.

Community Advisor

On large files it can takes days to reclassify. I ve seen some cases it took almost a week if you have a large history.. wait a couple days and see.

Level 1

Hi,

FTP import using the Winscp worked. The name of the ftp file imported using winscp should be exactly the same as the one that is exported.

Thanks,

Sharmila