Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Calculated Metric for Average Page Views

Level 2

Hello,

I am attempting to build a calculated metric to provide the average (mean) number of page views over a time period.  Tried using the Mean function which seems to work in preview but is incorrect in a Metrics reportlet.  Here is my calculation:

List Builder Segment   (Mean ( metric Page View Summary include zeros true) ) ) 

Additional attempts to construct a metric and use it as a denominator have also failed.

Function Count  (Calendar Day (v16) Instances)

AND

Segment List Builder (Page View Summary (Count(Page View Summary) ) )   

Again, in the preview panel it seems to count the number of days or calculate an appropriate result but whne the metric is inserted in the Site Metrics Reportlet the results is not calculated as expected.

Thanks!

Tom  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Tom,

If you're looking for calculating the Average daily visits/visitors then creating a calculated metric would come handy. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 4.30.24 PM.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tom, 

Apologies for a delayed response.

I would like to have some more information on the type of metric you want to create. Will it be a daily average page views or a average total page views or average page views per visit? All of them would require a different approach.

Thanks!

TM

Level 1
@TanmayMathur: Hi Tanmay, I have the same question and I'm looking for "average total page views"

Level 2

Hi TanmayM,

Thanks for taking the time to look into my query. 

I am interested in building custom metric calculations for the following in this order of priority:

1) Average Number of Page Views for a the Time Period Selected - Page Views/Days (Average Daily Page Views)

2) Average Number of Visits for the Time Period Selected - Visits/Days (Average Daily Visits)

3) Average Number of Visitors for the Time Period Selected - Visitors/Days (Average Daily Visitors)

These metrics would allow us to benchmark against the High Volume or High/Low Dates and Values Reportlet in a Dashboard.

Thanks!

Tom

Level 2

I have the same question but see that there is no response posted here. Do you happen to know if there is a way to do this? I'm trying to create similar time-based averages for Pageviews in Workspace. Thanks!

Level 1

Hi,

I'm also looking at a custom metric for "Average Daily Number of Visit per Month":

example:

• i have 100 visits in Jan = 100/31 = 3,23 visits per day
  • i have 100 visits in Feb = 100/28 = 3.57 visits per day
  • etc.

Any ideas? ts very simalar to the previous asked question on Avg. num of visits for the time period selected"

Thanks!

Felipe

Employee Advisor

Hi Felipe,

So the first step would be to get the calculated metric

1236765_pastedImage_1.png

Once done you can get the values in two ways in Analysis Workspace:

1. Months broken down by Days

1236766_pastedImage_3.png

Here the months will show the average visits across all months (example: 90388). However, the day breakdown will show the average daily visits across each month (example: 3026, 3052, 2975 and 3004). I have collapsed all days to have just the average daily number shown

2. Cross-tab between months and days

1236767_pastedImage_6.png

I have got the days as a dimension column in the table. The months are under the average visits metric as column each. Again, I have the day metric collapsed, so that only the concerned number is seen.

I understand, both these methods are not very refined, but they are easy to create. If want to have refined and a solution that you do not have to tweak continuously, I would recommend Report Builder.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Tom,

If you're looking for calculating the Average daily visits/visitors then creating a calculated metric would come handy. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 4.30.24 PM.png

Level 3

It's not perfect, however. Every now and then, it comes up with the wrong number of days. If you're looking at a weekly aggregation of data using such a metric, this missing day can certainly skew things.

iamjasona_0-1596798859463.png