Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

App tracking works on webview simulator but not real app on iPad

Level 1

I'm working on app tracking. While on webview, the tracking works fine (using Adobe Launch) but when I use the real iPad app, Adobe analytics only show unspecified evar. Any idea why? Thank you. 

oscara95388635_1-1597719233686.png

oscara95388635_2-1597719316741.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @oscara95388635,

If I have correctly understand you meant tracking for webview of web pages is working fine implemented via Adobe Launch however for App tracking on iPad App,  evar returns unspecified in reports.

In case of App Tracking, evars cannot be configured directly in the server call, you would first need to setup a context data variable wherein you will be passing values for desired evar and then map that context data variables with an evar via Processing Rules.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @oscara95388635,

If I have correctly understand you meant tracking for webview of web pages is working fine implemented via Adobe Launch however for App tracking on iPad App,  evar returns unspecified in reports.

In case of App Tracking, evars cannot be configured directly in the server call, you would first need to setup a context data variable wherein you will be passing values for desired evar and then map that context data variables with an evar via Processing Rules.