Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adding sFTP delivery method

Level 1

Hello,

I need send daily reports to an sFTP server. Currently, my Analytics instance on shows FTP as a delivery option. How can I add sFTP delivery options?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, Select the FTP option. 

Insert the host and username. You can leave the password blank, as SFTP would be working on SSH public/private keys.

Make sure that the host name has the sftp:// protocol in the beginning. and the port is set to 22.

Download the public key from Admin > Data Feeds section (or have customer care provide it to you). Place it in the /.ssh/authorized_keys file on your server.

Keep in mind that Adobe uses one-factor authentication, so if your server is asking for password authentication after the keys, it would fail.

Here is the article: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/whitepapers/ftp/ftp_sftp_dw.html

-Hyder

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Nicholas,

You can send via SFTP, reports through Data Warehouse and Data Feed files.

Other tools do not support SFTP functionality currently.

-Hyder

Level 1

Thanks - but my Data Warehouse only shows delivery options for FTP, not SFTP. Any suggestions?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, Select the FTP option. 

Insert the host and username. You can leave the password blank, as SFTP would be working on SSH public/private keys.

Make sure that the host name has the sftp:// protocol in the beginning. and the port is set to 22.

Download the public key from Admin > Data Feeds section (or have customer care provide it to you). Place it in the /.ssh/authorized_keys file on your server.

Keep in mind that Adobe uses one-factor authentication, so if your server is asking for password authentication after the keys, it would fail.

Here is the article: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/whitepapers/ftp/ftp_sftp_dw.html

-Hyder

Level 1

Hyder,

Our segments are too complicated to use data warehouse to sFTP our reports. Can you explain how I can sftp reports from Ad-Hoc Analysis tool? Is Data Feeds an option?

I believe our server only accepts sFTP connections, so I'm trying to figure out a workaround.

Thanks,

-KB

Employee Advisor

Unfortunately Ad Hoc doesn't allow SFTP connections.

However, if you can setup a extraction script, you can use Adobe hosted server, and have the file from Ad Hoc sent over to it. Then from your server connect to Adobe's using SFTP and fetch the file.

DataFeeds would not be an option, as that is raw data, and would not allow for segmentation.

-Hyder

Level 1

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not familiar with the above methods. Can you provide some links to documenation that i can lookup and read up on about extraction scripts and access to Adobe hosted server?

Thanks,

-KB

Employee Advisor

I am not familiar with the working of the process as well. It is usually done by Network and Database management teams. You can check within your organization about this. For reading up on this, google search "ETL process"

As for the Adobe FTP server, Customer Care provides 10 GB of complimentary server space for temporary storage of data. You can ask your organization's supported user to open a ticket with us for this. However, I would recommend reusing the ones that are already created. I can see about 21 such spaces already provided. This information can also be obtained from Customer Care.

-Hyder