Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

s.linkTrackEvents value changing when s.tl() call happens

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 1
kbridges
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

7 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 1
kbridges
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

7 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
View profile
kbridges
Level 1

17-08-2017

Hi.  I have an event based rule set up in DTM that needs to append a serialization string to an event.  To do this, I have tried this via the DTM UI as well as with custom Javascript within the rule.  In both cases I run into the same problem.  Basically, the value in s.linkTrackEvents is overwritten with a copy of what is in s.events.  So, for example, the variables going into the s.tl() call are:

s.events='event99:12345';

s.linkTrackVars='events';

s.linkTrackEvents='event99';

When the s.tl() call happens (with the debugger running), s.linkTrackEvents shows as: s.linkTrackEvents='event99:12345';

This also happens if I use the DTM UI to set the event and place a serialization value.

When s.linkTrackEvents includes the serialization value on the event, the event does not get set in the tracking call.  I've debugged the code, and the variables are all set correctly going into the s.tl() call.

One other piece of info, we are using a a different s object (s_dtm).

Thanks for any help.

Replies

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 50
Level 7
marion33678522
Level 7

Likes

165 likes

Total Posts

170 posts

Correct Reply

5 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 50
Validate 25
Validate 10
Validate 1
Boost 50
View profile

Avatar
Validate 50
Level 7
marion33678522
Level 7

Likes

165 likes

Total Posts

170 posts

Correct Reply

5 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 50
Validate 25
Validate 10
Validate 1
Boost 50
View profile
marion33678522
Level 7

17-08-2017

I had the same problem a while ago.


Did you try declaring the s.linkTrackVars and the s.linkTrackEvents before declaring the s.events as it follows?

s.linkTrackVars='events';

s.linkTrackEvents='event99';

s.events='event99:12345';

Kind regards !

Cheers,

MArio

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 1
kbridges
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

7 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 1
kbridges
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

7 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
View profile
kbridges
Level 1

17-08-2017

Hi Mario, thanks for the feedback.

I did try changing the order, but nothing fixed the problem.

Kevin

Avatar

Avatar
Coach
Employee
ericmatisoff
Employee

Likes

149 likes

Total Posts

274 posts

Correct Reply

77 solutions
Top badges earned
Coach
Contributor
Shape 10
Shape 1
Ignite 5
View profile

Avatar
Coach
Employee
ericmatisoff
Employee

Likes

149 likes

Total Posts

274 posts

Correct Reply

77 solutions
Top badges earned
Coach
Contributor
Shape 10
Shape 1
Ignite 5
View profile
ericmatisoff
Employee

17-08-2017

This may be an obvious idea that you've already tried, but since you're using a non-standard s object, did you use it in your JS? like:

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 1
kbridges
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

7 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 1
kbridges
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

7 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
View profile
kbridges
Level 1

17-08-2017

Hi Eric, and thanks for the feedback.  I am using s_dtm as you point out in your post.  I referenced "s" in my original question to try to simplify the description of the problem.  It might be important to note that I am using s_dtm because we are in the process of migrating from a non-DTM implementation to a DTM implementation, and the original/manual instance of appMeasurment is using "s".  We will eventually remove this old instance, but it still handles a few of the tracking calls on some of the pages.  I haven't exprienced anything strange like this with any of the other variables I've been setting.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Avatar

Avatar
Coach
Employee
ericmatisoff
Employee

Likes

149 likes

Total Posts

274 posts

Correct Reply

77 solutions
Top badges earned
Coach
Contributor
Shape 10
Shape 1
Ignite 5
View profile

Avatar
Coach
Employee
ericmatisoff
Employee

Likes

149 likes

Total Posts

274 posts

Correct Reply

77 solutions
Top badges earned
Coach
Contributor
Shape 10
Shape 1
Ignite 5
View profile
ericmatisoff
Employee

17-08-2017

I figured you were already on top of that but had to double-check

Is it possible this is happening in doPlugins in some custom code? I just tested this on a site and had no issue using the event serialization in the DTM UI.

Avatar

Avatar
Boost 50
Employee
Kaushalendra
Employee

Likes

65 likes

Total Posts

142 posts

Correct Reply

69 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 25
Boost 10
View profile

Avatar
Boost 50
Employee
Kaushalendra
Employee

Likes

65 likes

Total Posts

142 posts

Correct Reply

69 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 25
Boost 10
View profile
Kaushalendra
Employee

17-08-2017

Hi kbridges@evolytics.com​,

If you could share the URL as DM to me, I can have a look and see what's causing the issue. You can also get a ticket opened with Adobe ClientCare through any of the Supported Users in your organization for analysis of this issue.