Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Google Product Listing Ads

Level 2

Hi,

How do I set up Media Optimizer tracking for Google product listing ads? It would be great if someone could provide few resources around it.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Suzanne, 

To track conversions for google product listing ads, you must generate a Media Optimizer click tracking tag and implement it within the advertiser's product data in the Google Merchant Center account. Generate tracking URLs using the Tracking URLs tool, and manually add them to the product data within the Google Merchant Center account. To do so, include it in a custom column "adwords_redirect" within the Merchant Center product feed. Note:  URLs generated using this method include any tracking parameters specified in the account settings.

For more information about Google Product Listing Ads, see http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454022.

I hope this helps.

Tanmay

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Suzanne,

Media optimizer tracking can be put at campaign level for Google Product listing ads. So you can place the media optimizer pixel at campaign level of Google Product listing ads.

Are you Using ACM for Google Product listing ads.

Regards

Ritika

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Suzanne, 

To track conversions for google product listing ads, you must generate a Media Optimizer click tracking tag and implement it within the advertiser's product data in the Google Merchant Center account. Generate tracking URLs using the Tracking URLs tool, and manually add them to the product data within the Google Merchant Center account. To do so, include it in a custom column "adwords_redirect" within the Merchant Center product feed. Note:  URLs generated using this method include any tracking parameters specified in the account settings.

For more information about Google Product Listing Ads, see http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454022.

I hope this helps.

Tanmay