Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

[WORKFRONT COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK] Thursday June 15th, 8am PT: Get your Adobe Workfront Fusion Questions Answered by Adobe Experts ☕

Administrator

Adobe Workfront Fusion is an incredibly useful tool that allows you to automate your processes so that you can reduce repetition and focus on what’s important. In this upcoming Coffee Session scheduled for June 15th at 8a PT, come join us for an exclusive opportunity to ask our in-house experts on anything related to Workfront Fusion!

This text-only event takes place here in the Workfront Experience League Community. Post your burning questions, hot tips, key takeaways, and let’s chat about them! Our experts will be interacting live for that hour, but the conversation can continue! 

For some guidance, here are some sample topics you can ask the in-house Workfront Fusion expert team about:

• How do I convert issues into projects using Workfront Fusion?
  • How do I build a Fusion process to mark an issue as Approved or Rejected after validating if the fields are compliant?
  • How do you prescribe using Fusion Templates?
  • What desktop/web tools do you use besides Workfront and Fusion when you are building Fusion Scenarios to aid you in your development?
  • What should be the first module in my Fusion scenario?
  • My scenario seems to run fine, then breaks and turns off, how do I keep it from stopping?
  • People tell me that Fusion can do pretty much anything, are there any limits to consider?

RSVP FOR EVENT REMINDERS

Note: If you cannot make the live Q&A, that’s okay! Ask your questions in this Community thread now and your question will be answered in the order that it was received.

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed into the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post an Adobe Workfront question or comment on Adobe Workfront Fusion
  • Must tag any or both of the Workfront Fusion SMEs (@ewanh or @AndyHess) in your question
  • You can ALSO post your question or comment prior to the Q&A session if you are unable to attend the live event
  • THAT'S IT! *(think of this as the Adobe Workfront Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

Experienced IS Professional with a strong history in Retail, Wholesale & Finance. Skilled in Business Administration & Process, Database Administration, Business Intelligence, and Integration Strategy. Focused on helping clients integrate Adobe Workfront into their enterprise technology landscape by setting realistic expectations and developing long-term roadmaps for integrations.

AndyHess.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Well folks....that's a wrap!

Thank you for reaching out to us and we look forward to catching you next time.  We will make every effort to follow up with any followup responses or anything posted at this point or before. 

View solution in original post

62 Replies

Employee

Great Idea @Viktoriia !  We won't be adding anything to the current Fusion Cookbook but we are strongly considering a new one.  Also we are looking at having a series of different events that cover this and similar topics in the autumn.  

Level 3

Hi @AndyHess @ewanh - 

We are working on a simple Scenario where we want the Planned Completion Date of an issue to update when the Planned Completion Date of the Project is updated. We are going step by step and seem to keep getting random errors along the way. What would you recommend to be the best Module + Output for each step. Currently we have:

• Watch Record - Project (Outputs: ID, Converted Request Name, Has Resolvables, Planned Completion Date)
  • Will be adding a filter to just show projects with a resolving issue
  • Read Record - Project (Outputs: ID, Planned Completion Date)
  • Read Record - Issue (Outputs: ID/ConvertedOpsTaskName, Planned Completion Date)
  • Do we need a filter here to see if the Issue and Project Dates match? 
  • Update Record - Issue (Planned Completion Date)

Thanks! 

Morgan

Community Advisor

Have you verified that the ID being returned from Fusion for the Original issue on the Project matches? I've had trouble in the past getting the original issue ID number and was using the wrong field.

Employee

Hi Morgan,

I would suggest using a watch events module on Projects where plannedCompletionDate 'changed', Then read the project to get additional evaluation fields to filter on as shown in your business rules.   The second call would be to search issues on this project where the plannedCompletionDate notEqual to the projects plannedCompletion date and status notEqual closed, then just update them. 

I think you core ideas are sound, but take a look at the watch events, vs watch record, it acts quicker and with the new filters you can get very granular in the response

Level 3

Thank you @AndyHess (and @KellieGardner who helped on the side ) The Search - Issue was the missing link. I did try the Watch Events Webhook - but we were having trouble setting up the connection to Sandbox that way so had to revert back to the Watch Record. It does work now, so just some fine tuning on the filters.

Level 3

@AndyHess, I would like to know if it's possible to create combined proofs from jpg's using the Google Drive Module and a Shared Folder, I've tried to create this scenario already but the module is never triggered when new files are added to the drive folder.

Employee

This seems like it may be an issue with the Google Drive Module, sensing updated content.   Are you using a web-hook or watch folder, I believe the watch folder has to be triggered via a schedule and is often more robust.   

I often do not use GDrive and will instead look for new objects within Workfront, or S3 or other locations.  

Level 3

Hi @AndyHess,

We are using the watch folder because it's for a totally separate workflow than our other clients.

I'll look into Dropbox and One Drive.

Thanks

Level 10

@ewanh @AndyHess 

Is there a way to automate Fusion itself? I have several scenarios that only run once a week/month/quarter. it makes sense for me to turn these on and off as needed to stay below the active scenario limit. Instead of having to remember to turn these on and off manually, which defeats the purpose of automation, I'd like them to turn themselves on at intervals, run, and then shut themselves off.

Additionally, is there any API documentation for Fusion?

Employee

Hi @RandyRoberts ,

We currently don't have a Public API or anything formally documented on the API for automating it.  There have been others that have requested this and I believe there is something in the works here but I don't have a timeline on that.  We will share this as a request with our Product team.

Thanks!  

Level 10

@AndyHess @ewanh

I've started looking at the Make.com API and it seems to be something that will work. I'm guessing I could even automate Fusion with a Make scenario?

Level 1

We have bought 3 Fusion "Connectors/Integrations".  Does EACH automation (ie. convert issue to a project or approve/reject based on compliance) take up one "Connectors/Integrations"?

Employee

This really depends based on your licensing type and model. I recommend reaching out to your Account Representative to inquire. Typically, what you are referring to as an automation would translate as a scenario. By connector you might think of these as an App and those may span scenarios, so as long as you aren't connecting to more than three applications across your different scenarios you SHOULD be okay in most situations.

For more information from our community check here.

To be certain...please check with your Account Rep!

Community Advisor

@ewanh I've been having a bit of struggle interpreting the Proof API (it's separate API). Are there any cheat sheets or one pagers listing any particularly endpoints for Workfronters' use and sample "this is how it's used" articles? 

Employee

@skyehansen ,

Yes, this can be a struggle.  Other than what is in our Experience League Documentation and the Community there isn't a separate one-pager.  Where possible I try to use Workfront modules and objects to get most of the Proof details.  For example proofs tie closely with Document Versions.  One of our Integration consultants says to get very familiar with the Document misc action createProofRest.  

Additional thoughts @AndyHess or others?

Community Advisor

@ewanh the question came up while we were trying to manage proof license and permissioning details via fusion, so the information is more in Proof than in Workfront (specifically switching users between Author, Moderator, etc.). So really hoping that Workfront would surface these specific areas of the Proof API in a more useful way, rather than the "here's everything" pile that is currently the Proof API reference.

Employee

Thanks @skyehansen I'll share with our documentation team.

Level 3

@ewanh or @AndyHess

Hi, my questions below...

1. Can a wait step of a week be added into Fusion scenarios?
  2. Can data/runs in one scenario be transferred across to another scenario? eg if a webhook with relevant data runs on Tuesday at 11am in scenario A, can that info/data then be picked up and used in scenario B?
  3. Can one Fusion scenario trigger another? eg When Scenario A (triggered by a webhook) successfully completes then Scenario B will run
  4. Using Fusion module to "upload a document" into a WorkFront project, it uploads a "z" file type. Can it be set to upload something more useful like a .csv file?

Thanks