Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

debug actions after "aio app deploy"

Community Advisor

I gave an issue somewhere in my action after "aio app deploy". the action is working fine on local "aio app run", but not in deploy.

any chance I can see the debug of the action somewhere when app is deployed?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Urs_Boller, actions are essentially invoked in the same manner after you do `aio app run` and `aio app deploy`. Only difference is that if you change something in the code and save while in run mode, it automatically re-deploys the action.

Coming to your question about debugging, the logs should be the same whether you run or deploy the action. Some useful commands for debugging:

• `aio app logs`: show the logs of the most recently invoked action
  • `aio runtime activation list`: list 20 latest invocations
  • `aio runtime activation get ID`: get detailed info about the invocation. ID is obtained from the list above
  • `aio runtime activation logs ID`: get the logs of an invocation

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Urs_Boller, actions are essentially invoked in the same manner after you do `aio app run` and `aio app deploy`. Only difference is that if you change something in the code and save while in run mode, it automatically re-deploys the action.

Coming to your question about debugging, the logs should be the same whether you run or deploy the action. Some useful commands for debugging:

• `aio app logs`: show the logs of the most recently invoked action
  • `aio runtime activation list`: list 20 latest invocations
  • `aio runtime activation get ID`: get detailed info about the invocation. ID is obtained from the list above
  • `aio runtime activation logs ID`: get the logs of an invocation

Community Advisor
thanks a lot - will try those commands...

Community Advisor
HI @duypnguyen those commands are really helpful, thanks a lot!