Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating Time and Day traits in AAM

Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

How do we create traits for time and day in audience manager?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

From a pure tech point of view, tt can be achieved if you collect the time and day as part of the data collection.

e.g. if you are using Adobe Analytics server side forwarding then a plugin or client-side code can be used to populate time or day variables here

The use-case is important if you want to retarget users who have visited on a Monday then creating the Traits and Segments in Audience Manager using the above is appropriate. i.e. The users will qualify from the first Monday until the Trait expires.

However, if your use-case is to personalise a banner for users who visit the website on Mondays then the audience should be in Adobe Target (or other personalisation tool) so only qualify based on the current time.

Creating the audience in Analytics could work but bear in mind the latency factor.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

as far as I know this is not possible... you need to create the segment in analytics, and then share to experience cloud - it will then appear in audience manager under the relevant report suite 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

From a pure tech point of view, tt can be achieved if you collect the time and day as part of the data collection.

e.g. if you are using Adobe Analytics server side forwarding then a plugin or client-side code can be used to populate time or day variables here

The use-case is important if you want to retarget users who have visited on a Monday then creating the Traits and Segments in Audience Manager using the above is appropriate. i.e. The users will qualify from the first Monday until the Trait expires.

However, if your use-case is to personalise a banner for users who visit the website on Mondays then the audience should be in Adobe Target (or other personalisation tool) so only qualify based on the current time.

Creating the audience in Analytics could work but bear in mind the latency factor.