Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Why does report show no value when there is data in the field?

Level 3

Why does Workfront Report shows no value when there is data in the field? Campaign and Portfolio field are the standard field in Workfront and not a custom field.

Screenshot shows the values in the Tactic/Project. I've tried mutiple fields but all of them came up blank. What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Oh! Since it's an Expense Report and expenses typically live at the task level we'll need to use the same "text mode jumping" tactic when doing task reports. Create two new columns, switch to text mode and paste the codes below (one column for each)

displayname=Portfolio
textmode=true
valuefield=project:portfolio:name
valueformat=HTML

displayname=Program
textmode=true
valuefield=project:program:name
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 9

Hello stan255,

to be able to troubleshoot your issue, it would help, if you could post the text mode for those fields.

To get it, you can edit your report, click on the column and click on Switch to Text Mode.

If your field come from the Standard Mode, just do not save or apply afterwards.

Regards

Lars

Level 3

Hey @lgaertner, appreciate the response. See below for the text mode of the 4 empty fields.

Empty field 1 - Tactic: Campaign Name

displayname=
linkedname=project
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=project
namekeyargkey.1=Campaign Name
querysort=DE:project:Campaign Name
valuefield=project:Campaign Name
valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

Empty field 2 - Tactic: Campaign

displayname=
linkedname=project
namekeyargkey.0=project
namekeyargkey.1=Campaign
querysort=DE:project:Campaign
valuefield=project:Campaign

Empty field 3 - Tactic: Portfolio

linkedname=project
namekeyargkey.0=project
namekeyargkey.1=Portfolio
querysort=DE:project:Portfolio
textmode=false
valuefield=project:Portfolio

Empty field 4 - Tactic: Portfolio Name

displayname=
linkedname=project
namekeyargkey.0=project
namekeyargkey.1=Portfolio Name
querysort=DE:project:Portfolio Name
valuefield=project:Portfolio Name

Community Advisor

FYI: Every time you see "DE:" in text mode that denotes that you are referencing a custom field on that object, by that name.

Community Advisor

Hi @stan255,

Looking at your screenshot, I think you may have selected a custom field called "Campaign Name" instead of the native Campaign Name field. Same with your Portfolio. If you look at my screenshot below, when you select a native field like Portfolio Name and Program (Campaign) Name, the default column header is "Portfolio: Name" instead you have "Tactic: Portfolio Name", which tells me Workfront is looking at the Tactic (Project) level for a field called "Portfolio Name".

Try adding a new column and typing in Portfolio Name. From there scroll until you get to the Portfolio Header bar and then select Name. Same with Campaign.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 8.44.41 AM.png

I also highly recommend going through your custom fields and deleting any that may not live on a custom form (search Community for "orphaned fields") as well as renaming any fields that might have the same name as a native Workfront field to reduce confusion. You can use the native wording for the Label but the Field Name should be descriptive

Level 3

Hey @MoniqueEvans, appreciate the response. I'm pulling from the Expense report and that report doesn't have Program or Portfolio. Is there a workaround for this?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Oh! Since it's an Expense Report and expenses typically live at the task level we'll need to use the same "text mode jumping" tactic when doing task reports. Create two new columns, switch to text mode and paste the codes below (one column for each)

displayname=Portfolio
textmode=true
valuefield=project:portfolio:name
valueformat=HTML

displayname=Program
textmode=true
valuefield=project:program:name
valueformat=HTML