Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Who have migrated to Adobe Admin Console?

Level 10

I've taken a look at the site that was referenced by support : The new Workfront experience | Platform-based administration differences (Adobe Workfront/Adobe Busi..., if this was to replace our admin console, one of the biggest issue I'd have is the login as feature which greatly helps us see what the users are having trouble with. So I'm asking you who have migrated, do you have the login as somewhere else or is that fully taken away?

Also, what does that mean for SSO? you'd have 2 applications now that need to connect to SSO?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

31 Replies

Level 10

Ouch, no "login as" would mean probably 3/4 of our issues could not be resolved locally by our admins and we'd have to put everything to Support, which would slow things down quite a bit. We use that method to double-check a whole host of general issues, not even including being able to test dashboards and reports…

Level 5

Removing the "log-in as" for our admins would be a deal breaker for us as well.

Level 4

Does anyone know if the migration can be delayed? is there timelines they expect it to happen in?

Hi @Jaxelle,

I invite you to join this more recent conversation about Migration to the Adobe IMS Console, under which I'm striving to centralize Q&A's.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Customer support said the login as will remain on Workfront. What that means, I don't know. I am just crossing my fingers that the functionality will remain the way I expect it to and how I use it to troubleshoot user issues. As to SSO, they never really got back fully to me with that - he said, another SSO configuration will likely need to be in place but he needs to verify internally and well, left it at that. That was April 1 and no other communication from the support person after.

Now, we do have a meeting with the people guiding this tomorrow so I hope we'll get answers and whether this is optional. I am concerned about moving and letting Adobe have our users information although they are not creative cloud users.

Level 10

@Polly Co‚ - I'd be really interested to hear how your meeting goes with the vendor. I requested a meeting on the support ticket that they opened, but received the following:

Due to the scale of this effort to reach across our client base, we are currently unable to allocate resources for meetings regarding this topic. However, you're more than welcome to provide any questions you have here, and we will follow up with more information as soon as possible.

I replied to the ticket on 04/14/22 with multiple questions, etc.; so far I have not heard back.

Level 10

That was the same "we don't do meetings on this one" message I received.

Former Community Member

Interestingly enough, I received a reply from Support today. I was told they are only migrating Workfront One and the support platform to Adobe Experience League at this point, and that it will not impact our existing SSO configuration for Workfront. At some "much later date" they will meet with us to discuss making sure our SSO configuration is maintained when migrating Workfront to Adobe IMS. So it sounds like any impact on core Workfront is still down the road somewhat.

Level 6

I received a response late yesterday also with this same information.

Level 10

Ok, so apparently there's two migrations that are supposed to happen - Experience League and the Adobe Admin Console. From what I understand, Experience League is off the table until further notice. The Adobe Admin Console's timeline is 18 months.

Login As from our systems administrator view will work as is on the Workfront UI.

SSO will have to move connection from Workfront to the Adobe side.

Now, if you want to keep Workfront Administration away from the team that handles your other Adobe products, you will have to have your own Adobe Enterprise ID (or ask them to create it for you) which I believe most of us here in the discussion will be doing anyway.

Currently, this is optional (I guess up to that 18 month period). For those who will go ahead and do this soon, please update us of your experience! 😁

I've let them know they really should have more documentation about these as there's quite a confusion on what's being asked for and they said they're in the process of updating them.