Expand my Community achievements bar.

Which report is best for % values of scheduled hours for each individual role in a department?

Level 10

Hi

Which report is best for % values of scheduled hours for each individual role in a department?

Any suggestions?

Mvh

Kundan.

7 Replies

Level 2

Hey @Kundanism - 

I would tackle this with a task report based on planned hours. You could then show it as a pie chart per role for % or show as a column chart with an extra grouping to show the "stacked to 100" option to show percent. 

Happy to provide more ideas / details if that didn't quite hit the mark! (ie, % of type of hour? % of each person's time in role total?)

Level 10

Thanks @Daniel_Clarke 

I followed the same, however not found as "Role Name", under grouping. Please refer it shows only in "Role ID".

How to resolve this "Role ID" to Role name?

Kundanism_1-1710229140321.png

Any idea or recommendation from your side.

Thanks is advance.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 2

The typical text mode "change ID to :name" trick did not work here for me. Maybe another text mode expert could chime in!

If these tasks are consistently assigned to a role, you could add a task form to the template tasks and create a custom field "Role Name" that you could then use to pull into this report as a workaround. 

Community Advisor

To get the role name in the chart instead of the ID. Change your grouping to 

group.0.linkedname=role
group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
group.0.valuefield=role:name
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=role
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.0.valueformat=string
textmode=true

Community Advisor

Oh wait - I assumed this was an hour report. What kind of report is it? that might change the field?

Level 10

Its an task report. Any suggestion for task type report?

Community Advisor

For a task report you should be able to get job role name for the grouping natively. 

KellieGardner_0-1710349020350.png

Also, I would suggest doing an assignment report instead of a task report. The task report will only pull in the details for the primary assignee vs all assignments on the task. Unless you are only assigning one single user to tasks.