Expand my Community achievements bar.

Users adding themselves to proofs

Level 5
I've been noticing for some time now that I will have a few people on a proof and then all of a sudden another Stage will be created and someone who I did not add to the proof is now on the proof- but only has a Reviewer. When I go down to Activity it says that the Owner of the proof added them but "through the system". So I got curious one day and asked a random person at work if they could go into Documents, and click on a random proof in the folder and open it. They did that and I noticed that by doing that- it added them to the proof as a Reviewer in another Stage. Is there a way to turn this off? I do not want the system adding someone to the proof automatically- I don't care if they can SEE the proof, just I don't want anyone getting added. Deanne Curley The Vitamin Shoppe
6 Replies

Level 4
Unfortunately this is working by design. Your only hope is to restrict the visibility of the documents by way of overall sharing. If you really want you could change their default settings to read only and then if they went snooping on a project and happened to open the proof form more than 5 seconds it will add them but in the next round of proofing they would come up as read only and then you can remove them if you want or they will get the notification of the proof but cant do anything. I had this same issue with anyone who has a WF license and has access to the job. You could go farther to limit them (job role) to only see items from their team, group, or role. This might help with the amount of people getting added to proofs that are not theirs.., just a thought. Samantha Samantha Williams GameStop Corp.

Level 5
Yes, that is the way the system was designed but its bad UI. When someone opens a proof to view it they should not be added as a reviewer but just as a "viewer" this would make more sense to someone looking at the reviewer list. Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 7
If you don't want people snooping through projects you can limit the access to the projects / programs / portfolios, but you can't really stop anyone with access from opening the proof if they can view the project I am inadvertently added to proofing workflows frequently as an administrator as a result of troubleshooting proofing issues, but to my knowledge no one in our system finds / views proofs not belonging to them. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 6
Hi, There is a new setting we added in 19.1 release that you can find in Review and Approval tab. Basically if you don't want the users who accessed proof to be Reviewers you can set the default proofing role for them as Read only. They will be able to View the proofs but not be able add comments. https://screencast.com/t/6zh9PEqD Andrzej Muca Workfront

Level 5
I can't limit anyone to looking at proofs unfortunately. I just hate that these people are getting added automatically because it's one extra step I have to do in order to close out the proof. Deanne Curley The Vitamin Shoppe

Level 5
I cannot add the people who are adding themselves to the proof as "read only" since they are reviewers and approves. I just hate that they add themselves to proofs that they don't need to actually review- either someone tags them by mistake and they open the proof or they are looking at an outdated proof. Deanne Curley The Vitamin Shoppe