Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Text mode to only show fields where the Tasks parentID = spaces/isnull

Level 3

How can I wrap an IF statement around the below, where I only show fields where the Tasks parentID = spaces/isnull?

displayname=TEST - Active Stages
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Stage - Task Level}),"",{DE:Stage - Task Level})
valueformat=HTML

Basically, I only want to show {DE:Stage - Task Level} for the Parent Tasks.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@DaBell 

I'd probably do a nested IF statement that first looks for tasks that don't have a parent (parent ID is blank), then from those tasks look for tasks that do have child tasks (number of childer > 0), once you've found those tasks just show what's in your "Stage - Task Level" field

IF(ISBLANK({parentID}),IF({numberOfChildren}>0,{DE:Stage - Task Level}," "))

If you don't have any stray tasks that aren't under a parent at the bottom of your task list, you could skip the part about looking for tasks that do have children.

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({parentID}),{DE:Stage - Task Level}," ")

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Trying to understand your goal. You want to see incomplete parent tasks? If so, you can add a filter to your task report for ‘task > number of children’ greater than 0, to only pull parent tasks, and filter for percent complete greater then 0% complete. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

This is a Project-based report.

There are multiple Parent Tasks nested in my Projects.  So, I can't look at the number of children.  I only want to display the top Parent, this is why I want to only get the Parent Task that does NOT have a parentID.

...and then display this custom field:

{DE:Stage - Task Level}

That is why I would like to wrap an IF statement that checks IF parentID = spaces/isnull?

I'm just not sure on that syntax.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@DaBell 

I'd probably do a nested IF statement that first looks for tasks that don't have a parent (parent ID is blank), then from those tasks look for tasks that do have child tasks (number of childer > 0), once you've found those tasks just show what's in your "Stage - Task Level" field

IF(ISBLANK({parentID}),IF({numberOfChildren}>0,{DE:Stage - Task Level}," "))

If you don't have any stray tasks that aren't under a parent at the bottom of your task list, you could skip the part about looking for tasks that do have children.

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({parentID}),{DE:Stage - Task Level}," ")