Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Mode Reporting for Two Fields

Level 3

I have attached screenshots from a report I have modified.

I am wanting to check that two dates match on these Issues, namely the Planned Completion Date and a date in one of our Custom Fields 'Flutter Creative - Due Date'. 

This needs to match for Issues in either 'New' or 'In Progress'.

Is someone able to help me with the Text Mode for this as the Standard Mode looks exactly as I need but the Report is unable to pull any results. 

Thanks so much in advance. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

When comparing two fields in a filter, the system doesn't add in the DE: before the custom field name (for whatever reason). If you adjust your text mode to include that, it should work! 

plannedCompletionDate=FIELD:DE:Flutter Creative - Due Date

plannedCompletionDate_Mod=ne

Level 3

Hi Nichole 

Thanks for this! I have added the text mode and the report has run but it now doesn't seem to be filtering on those parameters. Switching back to standard I have this...

Any ideas? Thanks again! 

Employee Advisor

@thonewton That's how it looks on my end as well, but the report results work as expected (see example below). I am seeing issues where the Planned Completion Date is not equal to Date Requested, which is the custom field in my instance.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.54.00 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.54.07 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.54.23 AM.png

Whenever you are using text mode filters, I always recommend using the standard builder to start and then using text mode as the last step. 

If the report is not pulling in correct results, that would be something I'd recommend submitting a case into Customer Support for, as they can help troubleshoot. It seems to be working for me, so I'm not sure what you mean by "it's not filtering on those parameters."

   

Community Advisor

I just wanted to say this is the best thing I learned in long time about Workfront.

I had no idea setting up filters in this way is possible

Thanks!