Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Text mode for and hour report

Level 2

Hello community, 

I am new to text mode and I am trying to find a solution to keep track of hours logged in each status. Workfront doesn't keep track of this, so I was thinking if I added Date Moved to X Status in a custom form, if it is possible to make a text mode report that will take those two category fields and track hours logged between them. However, the category object doesn't show in an hour report, and in a project report where it does show, I don't think I can do between for category fields. Does anyone know if this is possible? 

Any other suggestions to accomplish this are appreciated. (Besides having people log under hour types - this is too complex and we have a hard time getting team members to log hours anyways).

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, are you looking for project hours or task hours?
I'm starting to think journal entry report - a journal entry report tracks changes, you can filter anytime certain behaviors happened, whether a status change, field text change, etc. You can have an actual hours column in a journal entry report, but not sure if it will show hours at that particular stage or total actuals. Are you trying to show hours by person within each project or task status?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi Madalyn, 

I am trying to track task hours. I really want to see total hours logged under each status for the project as a whole. It doesn't have to go down to the person when you click in, but it would be nice to see department hours within each status as well. 

I am not familiar with the journey entry reports, so I will have to find some resources on it. 

Thank you! 

Kaitie

Community Advisor

Messing around with a journal entry report and not sure it's going to work for what you need. Have you considered seeing hours associated with each task or grouped by parent task if you use parent tasks in your templates? Then you could see hours logged by task group within the project...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thank you for taking a look!

So, we currently have tasks for hours ex. Strategic Operations hours, Facilities Hours, Admin Hours, etc. So, we can see hours logged by the department already. But maybe that bridge to tracking hours by status, I think is just too shaky to cross at this time.