Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tableau Data - Displaying Custom Fields (Data Lake)

Level 2

Hi Community! 

This is a bit of a long shot but I am testing the tableau - workfront data connection via snowflake and I'm trying to build a few simple visualizations. Perhaps I'm just not familiar enough with tableau yet, but I am not understanding how to add custom fields from my data source if I want more than one field per object (two custom fields that sit on a task form for example) Maybe I just need more time with it and to be fair, I am a system administrator with no SQL experience, so maybe this is too technical for me, but I figured once I made the connection, it would be drag and drop, with a bit of a learning curve to navigate the data and how it's displayed. 

Has anyone had any luck building visualizations in Tableau yet where you have multiple custom fields across a few object types in one report / dashboard? I am lost and there's no documentation available. 

I do have a meeting with someone in my company who has more advanced Tableau experience next week, but I want to make sure I can explain the custom field data when the time comes, and right now I'm struggling to understand how this is supposed to work. 

Thanks in advance for any insight! 

Sydney

0 Replies