Expand my Community achievements bar.

Stop while iterating tasks in a report

Level 2

Hello, 

I'm building a project report and need to display the latest task with the percentage equals to 100%. I'm iterating over tasks however the challenge that I am having is that this method is concatenating all the tasks with percentage equals 100% but what is needed is the name of the last one only. 

I need a way to wipe the text and keep only the last task with. This is the "code" I have so far:

displayname=Last stage/task completed
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({percentComplete}=100,{name})
valueformat=html

Appreciate any help

4 Replies

Community Advisor

hi, it's not clear to me how you NORMALLY go about identifying a last task. i.e. For the most part, everything I put into a valueexpression line is more or less something I would be able to do very simply from a task report. So a good rule of thumb for me is first to ask myself, "self, if you were to run a task report and filter for the last task, what filter would you use to find it?" -- do you have any thoughts here?

Level 2

Hello, 

Thanks for your response. Even if I do a task report, I would need the last task that has been completed. 
Is it possible to get the last completed task of a project? Thank you!

Level 10

Sporadically @mvega,

For a limited time, the Last Update on the most recently completed task will match the Last Update on the Project, so you could stipulate that condition in your iteration to show only that (one) task where the two match.

That said (it's just occurred to me), if you went to herculean efforts using my Targeted Auditing technique, it might even be possible trap that condition (only) at the Project level so it would persist until the next such Task completion is noted in the Project Level's Last Update (from where you'd then pluck the comment).

But practically: no.

Regards,

Doug