Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Still trying to create an hour report that will only display when the Owner ID is not equal to the Last Updated By ID

Level 3

One column has the ownerID and the other column has the lastUpdatedByID.  I want to create a text filter that compares the value and only displays if they are not equal.  It is an hour report

Here is my text filter

hours=0
hours_Mod=ne
lastUpdatedByID=FIELD:ownerID
lastUpdatedByID_Mod=cine

When it runs, it does not filter out the ones that do not match.  It displays all of them

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi BillPe, if it helps to give you perspective, think of this "compare field" functionality from a numerical standpoint. (I understand that you're more trying to use it on an ID field -- but I've never been able to get any form of "not equals" to work so this is where my brain rests.)

What works for me is: 

* equals

* less than

* greater than 

With that in mind, consider cheating the system by using less than and greater than. Your filter should nut out to:

OR:1:hours=0
OR:1:hours_Mod=ne
OR:1:lastUpdatedByID=FIELD:ownerID
OR:1:lastUpdatedByID_Mod=gt
hours=0
hours_Mod=ne
lastUpdatedByID_Mod=lt

In other words, "give me everything except equals." Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi BillPe, if it helps to give you perspective, think of this "compare field" functionality from a numerical standpoint. (I understand that you're more trying to use it on an ID field -- but I've never been able to get any form of "not equals" to work so this is where my brain rests.)

What works for me is: 

* equals

* less than

* greater than 

With that in mind, consider cheating the system by using less than and greater than. Your filter should nut out to:

OR:1:hours=0
OR:1:hours_Mod=ne
OR:1:lastUpdatedByID=FIELD:ownerID
OR:1:lastUpdatedByID_Mod=gt
hours=0
hours_Mod=ne
lastUpdatedByID_Mod=lt

In other words, "give me everything except equals." Hope this helps.

Level 3

Thank you Skye.  Your choice of using GT and LT worked fine for me.