Expand my Community achievements bar.

Search Results

Level 2
Is anyone noticing a difference in the amount of results being returned when using the search option? I am noticing that the results that came back used to highlight the word/phrase that was searched. Now, it does not. Another oddity that I noticed has to do with a concatenated field that we use. To get a custom project number from several fields we concatenate to come up with something like this: BDRM12345. When we use to enter that number in the search field, we would get all the objects (projects, issues, documents, etc.) associated with that string. Now we get all objects that start with BDRM (which ends up being about 1200 + projects alone). If I just put the number 12345, then the specific project result is shown. The issue is that users are used to entering the full project number in the search. I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the "sensitivity" of the search. I realize that you can filter even further, but it is taking a longer time to find items than before. Anyone else having these troubles with the search function? Any suggestions? I thought I would throw out to the community before entering a ticket. Joe Benes Brighthouse Financial Charlotte, NC
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Joe, I suspect that the granularity of a searches is controlled at a global level (e.g. either "a specific release of Workfront", or "at the database level"). It might be worth trying different search characters (e.g. %B%123%), or as a workaround, perhaps the Advanced Search or a prompted report would yield better results. Either way, I sense a helpdesk ticket in your future. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi Joe, Yes, we noticed a recent change in the search results. So far, it hasn't caused any major issues, presumably because our project numbers are not a concatenation of other fields. The thing we did notice is that we get so many more search results. E.g. some of our projects come in from helpdesk incidents, so these all are named something like 'INC123456'. The way the search used to work in the past was that it would only show results for 'INC123456'. Typically this would be one project, plus a couple of tasks. Now, it will return 'INC123456' as the first result, plus 11,482 other results (I'm not exaggerating) for other projects, tasks, notes etc which contain 'INC' in them. We also no longer see the search word highlighted in orange as it used to. I'll log this as a ticket and see what Support have to say. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
We have had problems using the Global Search to look for the Reference Number. Using the Search All and the Ref #, yields a random note being returned that is in no way associated with the Ref # entered. Specifying to search Issues and the Ref # yields the correct results. Specifying the search Tasks and the Ref # yields nothing. At a minimum it should return the Task that Resolves the Issue (we update the Task Names to include the Issue Ref # that it resolves as a prefix) We have a few tickets opened with the help desk related to this and also the use of what has been identified by them as "keywords" is also not working properly because it issues a STOP. Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU