Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Rich Text Fields in Power BI

Level 6

Hello-

Is there anyone out there that has brought in rich text fields from Workfront to power bi?  I'm using the api to bring data in and can get the fields and they look like JSON formatted but I can not get them to parse correctly.  Here is a sample {"blocks":[{"key":"cs597","text":"11Oct23:","type":"unstyled","depth":0,"inlineStyleRanges":[],"entityRanges":[],"data":{}},{"key":"9matc","text":"Regional aligned within Americas and all workstreams.","type":"unstyled","depth":0,"inlineStyleRanges":[],"entityRanges":[],"data":{}},{"key":"j5b9","text":"Legal:","type":"unstyled","depth":0,"inlineStyleRanges":[{"offset":0,"length":6,"style":"BOLD"}],"entityRanges":[],"data":{}},{"key":"cqabc","text":"Legal team progressing on LCAs.","type":"unordered-list-item","depth":0,"inlineStyleRanges":[],"entityRanges":[],"data":{}},{"key":"a7tn0","text":"LCAs tracker in place","type":"unordered-list-item","depth":0,"inlineStyleRanges":[],"entityRanges":[],"data":{}},{"key":"f2hsd","text":"HR:","type":"unstyled","depth":0,"inlineStyleRanges":[{"offset":0,"length":3,"style":"BOLD"}],"entityRanges":[],"data":{}},{"key":"f08f1","text":"Meet and Greets completed.","type":"unordered-list-item","depth":0,"inlineStyleRanges":[],"entityRanges":[],"data":{}},{"ke...

And this is what my power query looks like: 

MollieSh_0-1713971867697.png

I would LOVE to end up with the formatted text, but I will settle for just the raw text.  Thank you, Mollie

2 Replies

Level 9

Hello Mollie,

handling rich text is a bit difficult, as it is originally a proprietary document format which is not standardised.

I do not know, if PowerBI has any possibilities on their side, but if you have Fusion for example, you could create a scenario, which converts your rich text into plain text and saves it into another field.

Another approach could be to use RegEx.

Regards

Lars

Level 6

Hello- I ended up using this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqQuKbyDwM  The results aren't perfect and it's cumbersome to set up.  But it's going to work for now.