Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report showing dates projects went into Closing or Complete

Level 1

Hello Workfront Community,

I'm pretty new to creating reports and I've been tasked to create a weekly report showing how many projects went into Closing or Complete status. I can't seem to find an accurate filter to show this. Has anyone else had to create something similar? Do you have any suggestions?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, 

Here is how you can create: 

Go to waffle menu, pick reports

Choose 'project report'

Filters --> project group id (if you have one, so you are not pulling other groups data)

--> project status - Equals - Complete. Note:  use equates with complete, if you have other status equating with complete, like Dead/ reject others. It depends on how your unit has chosen to set this up. 

--> Project - actual completion date --> choose last week (as you need for previous week) OR you can also choose this week OR choose dates between

Columns --> pull the fields required - project name, project owner, actual completion date, desc (if required), start on, status etc as needed. 

Grouping --> you can choose project owner (if you need be) 

Click save & close and give a name to your report as you save. 

Hope this is helpful. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

When a project is put into a "Complete" status, Workfront recognises that the work has now been done and therefore captures the actual completion date. Closing is a custom status that has been built in your instance. If this custom status has been configured to equate with complete, it will also capture an actual completion date. This means that you can simply build a report that filters to the actual completion date in a given date range (i.e., this week).

If the Closing status has been configured to equate to Current or Planning, it will not capture a completion date. Therefore you will need to add a calculated custom field to your projects that captures the date that the project was put into closing status. 

In the following text mode example, I have created a calculated field called 'Date Set To Closing'. The field will populate with the date/time of when a project was set to "Closing" (and assumes that the status key for closing is "CLS") and can then be used in report filters. 

IF({status}='CLS',IF(ISBLANK({DE:Date Set To Closing}),$$NOW,{DE:Date Set To Closing}),{DE:Date Set To Closing})

NOTE that this will only work on new projects that have not previously been set to "Closing". You wont be able to retrospectively capture this information.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Community Advisor

Have you considered a journal entry report? Seems like this is something that that would be really good for.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/create-manage-reports/crea...

Level 1

Thank you, Skye. I've been reading up on the journal entry reports and while it's a bit robust for my current need, this would actually be helpful in other places. Thank you for leading me to this article!

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, 

Here is how you can create: 

Go to waffle menu, pick reports

Choose 'project report'

Filters --> project group id (if you have one, so you are not pulling other groups data)

--> project status - Equals - Complete. Note:  use equates with complete, if you have other status equating with complete, like Dead/ reject others. It depends on how your unit has chosen to set this up. 

--> Project - actual completion date --> choose last week (as you need for previous week) OR you can also choose this week OR choose dates between

Columns --> pull the fields required - project name, project owner, actual completion date, desc (if required), start on, status etc as needed. 

Grouping --> you can choose project owner (if you need be) 

Click save & close and give a name to your report as you save. 

Hope this is helpful. 

Level 2

Hope you were able to create using the above and was helpful.

Level 1

Thank you, Sujatha! This was actually very helpful and I was able to capture the data I needed. I appreciate the response and this community.