Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Pull in Status name/description, not the Key (3 character code), for a calculated field.

Level 3

Hi,

I have a Calculated field that tracks the status changes of task. The issue is {status} pulls in the Key (the 3 character code) and we want the status name such as "In Progress", as opposed to "INP". Is there a status name field, or would I need to create some If statements to change the values?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello John,

although you can fetch an object name for a field, which stores an ID using a syntax like

{<object>}.{name}

e.g.

{project}.{name}

this does not work for the status.
The only workaround would be using a nested IF statement like this:

IF(Status="INP","In Progress",IF(Status="PLN","Planning",IF(Status="CPL","Completed",Status)))

If adding new statuses to your system would mean, that you need to adjust the statement.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello John,

although you can fetch an object name for a field, which stores an ID using a syntax like

{<object>}.{name}

e.g.

{project}.{name}

this does not work for the status.
The only workaround would be using a nested IF statement like this:

IF(Status="INP","In Progress",IF(Status="PLN","Planning",IF(Status="CPL","Completed",Status)))

If adding new statuses to your system would mean, that you need to adjust the statement.

Regards

Lars