Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proof Decision Reason Field

Level 2

We recently found the option in the Proofing Tool where you can add reason boxes that pop up when a decision is made on the proof. We added these reasons to “Approved” for them to provide a go live/send date for our approvers to fill out. But we are trying to figure out where this information goes or how we can get the decision reason added into a report rather than just the proof decision. Anyone have any ideas? Attached an example of what we added to our proofs when they select approved. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

So this is one of those weird cases where you have to use a custom view to see this info (someone out there correct me if I'm wrong). You can only pull it into a view in the proofing site/area of WF. First you have to have reasons associated with decisions in your proof account settings. From there you can pull in reasons into a proof custom view or filter by any/all of those reasons.

More all about this here.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Will I be able to share this view across teams? And will we be able to see this within the proofing details/workflow in workfront itself, or only in workfront proof?

Also, we are able to currently see the decision made within the project documents tab, if we click on proofing workflow, but we can only see it if no custom workflow is applied...? do you have any ideas as to why we cannot see the little 'i' with the details on proof with an assigned workflow?

With applied custom proof workflow: 

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 3.54.08 PM.png

 Without applied custom proof workflow (this is what we want to see but we use a lot of custom workflows): 

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 3.55.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 3.55.21 PM.png

Community Advisor

Hi, in the view you create in the proofing site, you can share it with others (bottom of the edit view page): 

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1711138401029.png
I don't use proof reasons so not an expert in this area in terms of seeing it within the proofing workflow. Honestly I'd just do some tests like it seems you're doing to see what info appears in proofing vs. regular proof details. I think the reason piece is something you can only pull into a view in the proofing site and not in a proof approval report, but I suggest you have WF Support help you!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )