Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Portfolio selection at issue/request level that will populate the Portfolio field on the project?

Level 2

Hi all - I'm trying to find a way to have the Portfolio field on a project automatically populate based on a field (Portfolio, typeahead) from the issue/request.

Currently, we have requesters choosing the Portfolio, then at project conversion, our planners are manually populating the Portfolio field based on the selection from the request.

Seems like we should be able to carry that over somehow, but I can't figure it out!! Has anyone done this before?

Thank you in advance ...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

You can use templates to convert issues to project, in the templates you have the ability to define specific portfolios and programs

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

You can use templates to convert issues to project, in the templates you have the ability to define specific portfolios and programs

Level 4

Thank you for the reply, but we have a "many template" to "many portfolio" ratio - no one template applies to any one portfolio.

Level 7

After rereading your original question it might be something to do with your custom forms.  If you are capturing information on a request (issue) custom form when you convert it to the project there needs to be a corresponding project version of the custom form.  If your issue and project custom forms are the same the data will map correctly from request to project.

Community Advisor

@amybillmayer @amyb35793975 

Sounds to me like you have a custom field on your request, that custom field happens to be a typeahead field for portfolios. And you want that to auto-populate to the native portfolio field on a project when the request is converted to a project.

Unfortunately this isn't currently possible without using Fusion.

I'm curious if it will become possible in the future with the new ability to put native fields on a custom form in the new form builder. I tried creating a custom form with the portfolio native field on it. When I attach that form to a project, I can fill in the custom field and it also populates the native field up in the project overview section. But when I put that same form on an issue, it tells me that field is not supported for the selected object type. 

It would be fabulous if we could someday put the native Portfolio field onto an issue custom form, make it required, then since it is the native field, it should populate that native field on the project when converted.