Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Planner Data and Report

Level 2

Hi there,

Not sure if this is possible but here goes.  I started using the 'Planner' view in Resource Management (WF).  This worked great to get the data I needed, but I am looking to create a report that would show the same information but at a summary level by User or Home Team (currently, if I export the data, I have to hide thousands of rows of data when all I need is the 'total hours / breakdown').  On a side note, I have verified several records and am truly impressed with the validity of the data.

The key information I am looking for is the following:

'Available' hours (based on user, that excludes any time off that a user may have planned, total hours available).

'Planned' hours (based on assignments to projects).

'Actual' - not necessary but would be nice to include.

I need the above summarized by team / role / user.

Key is to create a report with an additional 'calculated' field to compare what management thinks team members have available per month (i.e., 2,080 hours are the equivalent of an FTE) - so when looking at resources we are trying to demonstrate how we can or cannot achieve Utilization targets across our team and do some capacity planning.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi @JulieHa,

When we concluded a few years ago that what you're after was not possible natively within Workfront, it led us to create our Capacity Chart solution, which I invite you to consider.

Regards,

Doug 

Level 2

Thanks Doug - appreciate you taking the time to share!

Julie