Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Looking for text mode for job roll assignments column in project report

Level 2

Hello There - Is there text code for a column in a projects report to display a summary of all the assignments in the project? Thank You!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can try this.

displayname=Task Job Roles
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(roles).lists
namekey=jobrole.plural
textmode=true
type=iterate
valuefield=name
valueformat=HTML

This gives a list of all job role assignments in the project

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can try this.

displayname=Task Job Roles
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(roles).lists
namekey=jobrole.plural
textmode=true
type=iterate
valuefield=name
valueformat=HTML

This gives a list of all job role assignments in the project

Level 2

Thank you! Is there a way to add the assigned people to the job role in the project? This is great for listing just the job roles. I'd love to be able to see who's assigned. And, if they aren't assigned, it's just the job role listed. Thank you so much!

Community Advisor

I don't believe you could pull those details together in a project report, it would be too many jumps of where/how the data is stored. You could get the assignment string of those assigned to tasks in one column and then the list of job roles but I don't know of a way you could align them into a single column as they each reference different stored objects. Essentially, what we are doing with this is reporting on a collection of data that is linked to another object. 

Does it need to be a project report? An Assignment report might be more beneficial to get that data since it will break down if multiple users are assigned to a task and you can report on each assignees details or even a task report with collection references to assignments might be able to get you there.

Community Advisor

Hi Deborah,

Another thing you could test is using the following text mode:

listdelimiter=<br>
valueexpression=CONCAT({user}.{role}.{name},"-",{user}.{name})
listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Project Team
textmode=true
type=iterate

This will display all users allocated to the project team and their job role. Please note that the project team includes all task assignee's as well as the project owner, sponsor, or anyone manually added to the team. Not a perfect solution as it's not only assignees displayed, but it might get you closer to what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Rich.