Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Issue Replicating Project Templates in Production from the Sandbox Environment

Level 2

I'm attempting to rebuild templates that I created within my sandbox environment but when I build them in prod the total project duration is completely off. I've included a screenshot below of the template I'm trying to recreate

MatthewLi1_0-1715271501159.png

As you can see the development & review summary task says the steps will take 60 days in the sandbox but the same template with all the same tasks, durations, task constraints, and predecessors is saying it will take 112 days in production

Would love to know if anyone has seen issues like this before! I've submitted a support ticket but they haven't responded to any of my emails : P. I'll close this question and include the solution if support is able to figure out what is going on before we can!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you post a screenshot of a view that includes the task constraint, start day, and completion day as well, please.

Level 2

Hi @skyehansen, here's a screenshot with those columns! 

MatthewLi1_0-1715274640875.png

Looks like the issue may be with tasks 13 &14 as they are set to as late as possible but not connected by predecessors to the go live which needs to finish at a set time. Regardless though, I'm still confused by why the dates are so different for both.

Community Advisor

It's difficult to comment accurately on how anything might have happened, since I was not there to witness the actions that led to this point. I think you mentioned that you were talking to Support about this so this is definitely a conversation you can take up with them. Suffice it to say that the reason that Workfront suggests that you make edits to your template by editing a project instead, and then reconvert it back into a template is to avoid issues like this. (They're much easier to spot in project form)

For the purpose of fixing your template, I would probably suggest that you try and see if you can change the start and complete day columns through inline editing.

Level 2

I have recreated the templates from scratch and gotten the timing closer to what I was expecting to see. I'm just still unsure of what is causing the project to complete in twice the time when I put the same template from our sandbox into prod. I would think the project would calculate back from the final task's due date which was my intention but it's adding 60 days to the project that I can't remove even when I edit the start and complete day columns. 

Either way, I'll try to work through this with support if they can find the time to respond to my emails. Thanks for your help here, was great to at least get some eyes on this so I know I wasn't missing something simple!

Community Advisor

no worries and good luck with Support. The only other thing I can suggest would be to recalculate the template timeline if you haven't already done this.