Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Incorrect Remaining Amount Expenses

Level 3

Hi,

I believe the Remaining Amount column in Expenses in incorrect or am I missing something in its calculation?

Invoice Date 2024:

Planned Amount: $800

Actual Amount: $600

Remaining Amount: $1000? It should be $200

Invoice Date 2023:

Planned Amount: $16000

Actual Amount: $13200

Remaining Amount: $5000? It should be $2800

stan255_0-1704149602011.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Stan,

Is it possible, that you are talking about a custom report? I don't see a column Remaining Amount in the default expense report. Neither there is a corresponding field for this. So I assume, that you need to double check the calculation in the text mode for this column or check the syntax, if you are using a custom calculated field.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Stan,

Is it possible, that you are talking about a custom report? I don't see a column Remaining Amount in the default expense report. Neither there is a corresponding field for this. So I assume, that you need to double check the calculation in the text mode for this column or check the syntax, if you are using a custom calculated field.

Regards

Lars

Community Advisor

Agree with @lgaertner - "remaining" isn't an option in Workfront or the API for expenses so this must be a custom column in a report/view or calculated field option from a custom form with a calculation that isn't pulling correctly. The calculation should be simple if it's just planned vs actual: SUB({plannedAmount},{actualAmount})

You could also check the settings for the columns and make sure they are set to Sum instead of another option:

KellieGardner_0-1704214962874.png

Level 3

@lgaertner @KellieGardner Thanks for the response, guys.

I had a look again and the remaining cost is a Project-level field and it is calculating the remaining based on all the expenses in that Project.