Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

How to manage holiday cover (without extending schedule)?

Level 1
Hi, I'm a resourcing manager within a marketing department. We've been Project Managing in WF for about 3,5 months now but only started using the resourcing piece of it very recently. The pilot started 2 weeks ago, so I'm still learning. I have a question about holiday cover. We work by planning resources around projects. So when a Project Manager is away for part of a project, another Project Manager steps in to temporarily cover the project. This is where resourcing becomes challenging for us. From a resource overview perspective, the ideal state is for resources to enter their holidays in time-off, so it is visible in the resourcing planner that they are not available during a certain period. This means that when scheduling a project the system will then indicate them as being unavailable for certain dates and will plan the schedule around that. However, we do not want to interrupt the schedule for holiday, we want it to continue and have someone else allocated to the holiday cover tasks. So this doesn’t work for us. Another option is for resources to not enter their holidays in time-off. This would remove the issue with the schedule automatically adjusting around resource holidays. They could then remove themselves from the tasks they’re not around for, which would then allow these tasks to show up in resource scheduler for resourcing. However, this removes visibility of holidays completely, making it difficult to avoid allocating projects to resources that will be on holiday in the first place. Also not great. Has anyone encountered the same challenge? How did you deal with it? I’m really at a dead end here so your help would be appreciated!
0 Replies