Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Highlighting to User that Custom Form on Task Must be Completed

Level 4

I am looking for a solution to the following problem.  We are using Workfront to track our access reviews.  There is an Access Review Attestation custom form attached to each task.  The User needs to answer the questions on the custom form before changing the status to complete.  I am having an issue where the users are just changing the status to complete.  This process is only done a few times per year for each user so they are not remembering to fill out the custom form.  Any ideas how I can highlight that there is a custom form that needs to be completed (using Workfront or Fusion)?

Edit: This is what I ended up doing.  We use dashboards to display tasks/issues assigned to us.  I added a duplicate name field and used the advanced option to renamed the field Click to Complete Custom Form and then I added a rule that if specific custom forms are assigned to the task/issue to display as a red flag.  Lastly, I updated our Layout Templates so that Custom Forms appear at the top of the tasks and issues detail pages. So when the user clicks on the flag, the custom form on the task opens. Screenshot attached.

12 Replies

Level 7

Have you tried making the field mandatory?

Level 4

Yes, the fields are mandatory, but that functionality doesn't work if the user does not open the custom form. They are able to change the status to complete without opening the custom form.

Level 7

Unfortunately change management is hard and the system cannot force people to go into it.  You would need to talk with these people and emphasize the importance, if that effort fails over time you could then escalate.  It sounds like there needs to be more buy in, I'm not sure any feature in Workfront would be relevant.

Level 4

It's not a buy in issue.  It's that it isn't apparent that there is a custom form.  Most of our tasks do not have custom forms that the users need to complete.  When you open a task and go to the task details page, unless you scroll down several times, users do not see custom forms.  And when the scroll down they are presented with a name of the form. They then need to click on the name to expand (also not intuitive).  Once I remind them, they go in and do it.

Community Advisor

Honestly, as long as your users are not intentionally "forgetting", I would just put it in the task name. e.g. A task name of "Close Project" turns into "Close Project - Complete Custom Form"

Other options are to create an approval process that would route the task to the user's manager to review and approve (or to a team of people who can be responsible for reviewing the custom form), or creating a report that gets sent out weekly and shows any problem tasks.

Level 7

We use tasks for reviewers to review proofs, they are instructed to "complete their task" when the review process is complete.  What @skyehansen suggested might be a good way to get the work in front of their faces and completed correctly.

Level 4

There is an approval process.  I am the approver.  I am looking for a systemic way that users know there is a custom form. I thought about creating a report or a view with a link to the custom form.  Or even using Fusion to create an email with a link, but there isn't a link directly to the custom form. The Fusion email is the best solution I have at the moment, but I was looking to see if there is some other functionality in Workfront. If there were a link to the custom form on the task, that would be really helpful, but still not quite 100% solution.

Community Advisor

At the risk of repeating myself, how about adding it to the task name?

Level 4

Adding on to the task name is a valid suggestion, however, in this post I am searching for solutions using Workfront/Fusion functionality.  None may exist right now, but I wanted to reach out to the community in case I am unaware of existing functionality.

Level 7

Could you set a project template to have a task pre-populated with the correct name and assignment?  Would this be an example of a solution using Workfront functionality?

Community Advisor

For Fusion, I would just say that you create a scenario where if a task is completed, it checks to see if a particular custom form is attached, and if it is, if a particular field has been left blank. If this has been left blank, I would say to just have fusion change the status back to new or active, and tag the assigned user to come back in, complete the custom form and close out again.

Community Advisor

in a "similar" use case we use a report that highlights for user all the missing details:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1713437505174.png

additionally, we use fusion to send a weekly reminder to those who have at least 1 record with missing data.