Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Filter Dynamic boards by Custom Field Values

Level 3

Hi,

I do not think this is something WF can do but I am taking a shot at asking. Is there any way to filter Dynamic boards by Custom Field values? It seems you cannot even have the custom field value display on the card (unopened on the board).

Here s to hoping I am wrong. Seems like everyone would want this feature.

Thanks,

John

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thank Teale!

I thought of that last night and tried it earlier today. However, I discovered that switching between different board intake filters, which we would need to do, results in the loss of all colored tags. So, I am tossing a Hail Mary to see if there is a way to get the custom field values on the standard filter area on the left side of the board, or in some other way that does not wipe out the color tags. 

Additionally, I have posted another query to ascertain if a custom form could enforce tag persistency, allowing us to utilize the solution you initially proposed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi John, 

In order to filter on custom fields on a Dynamic Board, first create the board and save it. Then in the Configure area, click Add filter sources, select Tasks or Issues, then click New filter, remove the search field that appears as the default filter and start typing the name of the field you want to add.

It helps to use the same format, i.e. Project: Name, Issue: Custom field name, Task: Custom field name... as in my screenshot.

TealeMcCleaf_0-1713906393221.png

Hope this helps, 

Teale

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thank Teale!

I thought of that last night and tried it earlier today. However, I discovered that switching between different board intake filters, which we would need to do, results in the loss of all colored tags. So, I am tossing a Hail Mary to see if there is a way to get the custom field values on the standard filter area on the left side of the board, or in some other way that does not wipe out the color tags. 

Additionally, I have posted another query to ascertain if a custom form could enforce tag persistency, allowing us to utilize the solution you initially proposed.