Expand my Community achievements bar.

Distributed Expenses

Level 1
I'm running a pilot project for my company to determine if Workfront will be able to support our cost tracking needs. Has anyone found a way to set up multi-month distributed expenses without simply adding multiple individual expenses to the same task? The reason i don't want to do that is I don't want users assigned to the task to have to manually update the expense date if the task duration changes (screenshot of this approach included below). I'd prefer to use the task planned completion date to automatically calculate the financial forecast of the expense. I've seen this done in Primavera where you can set up a distributed cost for longer (Level of Effort type) tasks, is there a way to do this in Workfront? Thanks for any ideas!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi: Nope, we couldn’t figure out how to create a recurring expense. We tried using recurring tasks, but that didn’t work out the way we wanted. We just create an expense for each month. It doesn’t work the way you’d like, sorry. Eric

Level 1
Thanks Eric, that's what we're thinking of doing also...I'm not sure that's a bad thing because I do like the way the EAC is adjusted when you status each monthly expense. My big issue with that approach is the manual expense date status, I'd really like to be able to set up an automated date field driving off the task duration. Oh well, I'm glad at least someone else is suffering as welll :). Thanks for the response.