Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Custom Calculated Field - IF-Expression doesn't work and I can't find out how to do it right!

Level 2
This IF-Expression is only part of what I want to do: An overall condition that give back a condition based on information on condition, SPI, CPI and actualValue compared to plannedValue. But that short text expression does not work and so doesn't the complete thing. Is there anybody with an idea how to do this right? Best regards Elke
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 10
Use the following syntax on the project's calculated field: IF(Condition="ON", "On Target", "Late")

Level 7
It does work. Can you post a screenshot of your formula?

Level 2
When I entered the expression (pic1) the system answered (pic2). Then I modified (pic3). The system took it but the result is void (pic4)... I tried some variations (' instead of ", etc.) but nothing worked so far. :(

Level 10
Hi Elke. In your original screen shot, I see you used single quotes in the first part of your IF statement, and double quotes in the second and third parts. I suspect that is confusing the program that is trying to parse and process your IF, and suggest you make them consistent (eg use double quotes in all three parts -- as per Narayan's example). Regards, Doug UPDATE: ah; I see you noticed, as I typed this

Level 2
When I tried with consistant quotes it didn't work either...

Level 7
Did you type the word "Condition" into your formula? Just for grins, what I would do is go to your calculated formula and erase it all, then type in: IF( Then go to the area where you can search for fields and start typing in condition, and then double-click on the field "Condition", which will add it to your formula. Then finish typing in the rest and see if that helps.

Level 2
I tried that as well with the same result... Biting into the desk...

Level 2
Finally: IF(CONTAINS("On Target",Condition), "On Target", "Late") That works!!!!

Level 10
And there was much rejoicing! Well done, Elke. Regards, Doug

Level 7
Still curious as to why the other forumula didn't work for Elke - it should have. I guess it will be one of those unsolved mysteries.