Expand my Community achievements bar.

Conditional Formatting on a Report in a Dashboard

Level 10
Hi WF Community, Is there a way to add conditional formatting to a field in a report on a dashboard via text mode? I would prefer that when someone views a dashboard, they don't need to change the View to see any tasks with a Planned Completion Date that has come to pass, highlighted in red. If adding this condition to the report in text mode is possible, does anyone have a code sample I can use that would some how highlight the Planned Completion Date if the date has passed? Thanks. Nick Nick Valeriote
6 Replies

Level 8
Hey Nick, I'm not sure if I understand this completely - are you saying that you have the conditional formatting set up for the report, but it isn't respected/doesn't format your rows while on a dashboard? Kirsten Heikkinen

Level 10

0690z000007Zh6xAAC.pngHi Kirsten. Thanks for the touch base. Sorry, my request might be a bit confusing. I don't have the conditional formatting set up yet. I guess as long as I can find a way to add it to the report, it will show up in the dashboard. I'm just not sure what text mode string to add to the report in order to have the Planned Completion Date be highlighted (or change font colour) if it has come to pass. See attached screen shot

Thx Nick Nick Valeriote

Level 8
In your view, if you click on the "Due On" column, then Advanced Options in the top right corner (under the Switch to Text Mode option), then Add a Rule for this Column, you can specify a rule for if the planned completion date is less than $$TODAY and choose what formatting you want (text color, background color, bold, italic, etc). At the far right, there's a check box for applying the formatting to the entire row. Don't forget to click "Add Rule" once you're done. Hope this helps! You shouldn't need to go into text mode. Kirsten Heikkinen

Level 7
Building on Kirsten's excellent advice, generally the 'Advanced Options' will give you most common formatting options. Where Text Mode can be powerful is if you want to accomplish something that Advanced Mode lets you do - but not quite the way you want to do it. For example, Advanced Mode gives you 8 options for text color and/or background color as defaults. In Text Mode, you could switch that color to be anything you wanted, for example to match your company style sheet or color preferences, all you'd need to know is the hex-code for that color. I've also used it to "hide" unnecessary text in columns where I only wanted the information in the header by turning the text white against a white background. Good luck and happy dashboarding. Katherine Stibley

Level 10
Thanks, Katherine! Interesting idea with hiding text. Nick Valeriote

Level 10
Thanks, Kirsten! That'll due the trick for what we need. Nick Valeriote