Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Comparing Estimated LOE to actual hours by job role

Level 2

Hello,

I am looking for a way to compare estimated LOE (custom form field) with the actual hours logged by each respective job role in order to let resources easily see what they estimated vs the actual amount of work they performed for the project. The problem is that my organization doesn't log hours under each individual task, but instead have one task (x department's hours) and log time under that task only for work that is being done on all project work tasks. So tracking the hours logged under project work tasks is not an option.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, I suggest an hour report for this.

In your report, you can have a column for hour owner ID (which you can change to role name in the column text mode), hours (actual hours), owner (person's name), source (task or where hour is logged to), and the LOE custom field - of course I recommend having LOE and Hours columns side by side for easy comparison.

In your report filters, pull in the specific task(s) you want to pull hours on that also have this LOE field.

You can group by owner role or by task name, up to you!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi Madalyn 

I am having a bit of trouble getting this to work because we have a custom form field for LOE for each respective department. Ex. Accounting LOE, IT LOE, etc. I want the report to say this person, who is in Accounting worked 50 hours and the Accounting LOE was 30. How do I get the report to match the job role to the correct LOE custom form field? 

Community Advisor

Hi there, if you have multiple LOE fields, you can bring them each in as separate columns, then merge the columns so it's just showing the value of whichever field is present. So a row of user A's time would show just user A's LOE field. 

More on sharing columns here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/custom-view-samples/view-m... 

Level 2

KaitlynGr_0-1694029656994.png

I do not believe I can merge these columns since more than one can and probably will be filled out. I could have an LOE field filled out for Accounting and for IT. If I merge all the custom form fields for LOE, I could have multiple answers in there.