Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Best Practice for Assigning Tasks to Multiple Users

Level 1

Hi! We are looking for best practices/guidelines on assigning tasks to multiple users. We recently rolled out collaboration across our organization, meaning that anyone/everyone can participate in the steps needed to complete a request/project, and have found some challenges when a task is assigned to multiple people. For example, a task assigned to multiple people was flagged as completed by one of the users, instead of flagged as done with my part, and that closed the task and removed it from everyone's work list. What can of guardrails can be put in place to prevent this kind of occurrence?

Thank you, Joan 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Joan,

There are definitely pros and cons to assigning tasks to multiple users and needs some user training to enforce the 'done with my part' behavior. I imagine that it would only take a few mess-ups like you had with it disappearing from a team's worklist inadvertently for them to remember to use 'done with my part' instead of marking the whole thing complete. It is a handy feature though, so you don't have to have redundant tasks.

The other option of course is to have duplicate tasks but different single users assigned, but depending on how many tasks you have, that could snowball. There is unfortunately not an extra warning to check that the whole task is actually done and not partially done (would be nice if a multi-user task is marked complete that a modal or popup asks for confirmation if truly done or just done with your part). So there are not official guardrails, I think it comes down to user training.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Joan,

There are definitely pros and cons to assigning tasks to multiple users and needs some user training to enforce the 'done with my part' behavior. I imagine that it would only take a few mess-ups like you had with it disappearing from a team's worklist inadvertently for them to remember to use 'done with my part' instead of marking the whole thing complete. It is a handy feature though, so you don't have to have redundant tasks.

The other option of course is to have duplicate tasks but different single users assigned, but depending on how many tasks you have, that could snowball. There is unfortunately not an extra warning to check that the whole task is actually done and not partially done (would be nice if a multi-user task is marked complete that a modal or popup asks for confirmation if truly done or just done with your part). So there are not official guardrails, I think it comes down to user training.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

Hi Madalyn,

This is helpful. Of course, guardrails are also helpful, but confirming they don't currently exist we will focus completely on training. 

Thank you,

Joan