Expand my Community achievements bar.

Auto input user PTO and Bank Holidays onto timesheets

Level 2

With over 20K users in our instance we often get asked to auto add Time Off to a Users Time sheet, especially when people are on 5 days+ leave at a time. They would still need approving/checking but something so small would make a huge impact to our teams.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

This can be achieved with a Fusion automation (or any other IPaaS). Assuming that your users have to request leave and have it approved by their manager in some HR system, you can integrate this with Workfront so when a leave request is approved it is automatically synced to your Workfront system ensuring that user availability is always up to date.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Community Advisor

Hi Richard!

Someone on my team was just building a scenario that would have a Time Off entry automatically get put on their Outlook calendar, but I like the sound of what you did even more bc they also have an HR system they have to put PTO in and this would be even better to connect with. Would Fusion work with any HR system or even something homegrown (not sure what the system is).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Hey Madalyn,

Generally speaking, as long as the HR system (or any system) has an API that can be accessed by external systems, Fusion can connect to it. 

Level 1

Hi Richard,

I think the key here is not that leave is integrated between the HR system and Workfront to accurately reflect the user capacity, the idea is to then integrate the registered leave in Workfront (weather api driven or manually input) with the users timesheet so it automatically reflects PTO. This is out of the box functionality for many other platforms and I don't see why it cant be for Workfront

Community Advisor

Hey Ian,

Understood. It would need some investigation but in theory this could also be achieved via the Workfront API.

Agreed that this would be useful native functionality. I recommend submitting this feature request as an Idea, Adobe's Product Team regularly review the Idea's submitted and if enough users are asking for similar functionality they will consider adding it to their roadmap.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Thanks @Ianwalsh2,

I am adding your idea to automatically reflect a user's PTO to an upcoming release of our UberTimesheet solution. Most recently, we improved it to:

• show descriptions on hover of a timesheet item (e.g. Project, Task, etc.) to help users report time accurately
  • added a Comments button to open a popup window to then efficiently enter or adjust all entered hours' comments
  • display hours in grey font by default to indicate “minimal information but acceptable” time entry
  • display hours with a comment (once entered) in black font to indicate “full transparency and best practice” time entry

For this PTO feature, where a user has marked an entire day (or perhaps even a partial day) as out of office, we might highlight that day's column in a special color, and/or set the cell background/font to special colors that remind the user  that they'd intended to be OOO. However, I don't think we would go as far as to warn, prevent, or cap users from entering time in such cases (which would be frustrating); although we might offer a link that the user could then click to navigate to their calendar and adjust the OOO to better align with "what happened" (e.g. turns out I worked on Friday).

If you (or others reading) have comments or other suggestions on this functionality, I'd appreciate hearing about them, and would be happy to chat further via doug.denhoed@atapstore.com.

Regards,
Doug