Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Trigger Email Notification X-number of days before value in Custom Form Date Field?

Level 2

We're considering Fusion, and I was wondering if it is possible to trigger an email notification based on a set # of days before the value in a date field? For example, if I have a "contract ends" date field in a custom form, I would want an email notification sent from Workfront 90 days before that date value as a reminder. Is this possible with Fusion?

Thank you!

4 Replies

Level 6

Yes, if I was building this in Fusion I would likely use a scenario that runs daily and searches based on the criteria above. Others have more experience with the email notifications and can speak to any items to watch out for, but your ask is doable.

Employee

Using the addDays function with a negative "-" date should do the trick: {{addDays(now; "-" + 90)}}.

We have a few variations of how this works built into our templates like: Workfront - Cleanup requests with no new notes in past 30 days.

A little more complex than what you need here...but an example:

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 8.48.09 AM.png

Level 2

Thank you for the example! Much appreciated...