Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

[WORKFRONT COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK] Thursday June 15th, 8am PT: Get your Adobe Workfront Fusion Questions Answered by Adobe Experts ☕

Administrator

Adobe Workfront Fusion is an incredibly useful tool that allows you to automate your processes so that you can reduce repetition and focus on what’s important. In this upcoming Coffee Session scheduled for June 15th at 8a PT, come join us for an exclusive opportunity to ask our in-house experts on anything related to Workfront Fusion!

This text-only event takes place here in the Workfront Experience League Community. Post your burning questions, hot tips, key takeaways, and let’s chat about them! Our experts will be interacting live for that hour, but the conversation can continue! 

For some guidance, here are some sample topics you can ask the in-house Workfront Fusion expert team about:

• How do I convert issues into projects using Workfront Fusion?
  • How do I build a Fusion process to mark an issue as Approved or Rejected after validating if the fields are compliant?
  • How do you prescribe using Fusion Templates?
  • What desktop/web tools do you use besides Workfront and Fusion when you are building Fusion Scenarios to aid you in your development?
  • What should be the first module in my Fusion scenario?
  • My scenario seems to run fine, then breaks and turns off, how do I keep it from stopping?
  • People tell me that Fusion can do pretty much anything, are there any limits to consider?

RSVP FOR EVENT REMINDERS

Note: If you cannot make the live Q&A, that’s okay! Ask your questions in this Community thread now and your question will be answered in the order that it was received.

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed into the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post an Adobe Workfront question or comment on Adobe Workfront Fusion
  • Must tag any or both of the Workfront Fusion SMEs (@ewanh or @AndyHess) in your question
  • You can ALSO post your question or comment prior to the Q&A session if you are unable to attend the live event
  • THAT'S IT! *(think of this as the Adobe Workfront Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

Experienced IS Professional with a strong history in Retail, Wholesale & Finance. Skilled in Business Administration & Process, Database Administration, Business Intelligence, and Integration Strategy. Focused on helping clients integrate Adobe Workfront into their enterprise technology landscape by setting realistic expectations and developing long-term roadmaps for integrations.

AndyHess.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Well folks....that's a wrap!

Thank you for reaching out to us and we look forward to catching you next time.  We will make every effort to follow up with any followup responses or anything posted at this point or before. 

View solution in original post

62 Replies

Employee

Hi Poppy,

1. Yes, in the MISC modules, you can add a Sleep, in seconds.

2. Yes, 2 ways, 1 by leveraging a webhook as the trigger for scenario B where you create a JSON payload in scenario 1 that you then submit in a HTTP call to the webhook for B.  2 by using a datastore to hold your data to process in A, usually with a timestamp and status code, then picking it up in scenario B based on status and timestamp, typically then setting the status to a processed state.

3. Yes, as described above

4. I'm not sure how you are referencing a 'z' type file.  Make sure you are providing an extension in your filename so the MIME type is properly registered.  You can upload any file binary that does not exceed around 600MB.  Including a CSV, which is very often used to provide log files or extracts for BI visualization extracts.

Level 2

@ewanh or @AndyHess I need help sending an email from Fusion while using a service account and not from my personal account. Do you have best practices for having Fusion authenticate into an Outlook/Exchange/Microsoft 365 service account? 

Do I first need to register Fusion as an app within Azure AD or otherwise use the Graph API in some way? I got a little lost in the available documentation.

Employee

Hi Gary, yes this can be confusing to setup.  We do not recommend using your personal email address in a o365 connector, as you are then giving anyone that has access to that connection (other users in Fusion) direct access to read and send emails on your behalf, which is a no-no from a security perspective.

1. You will need to ensure that your service account is indeed a fully registered persona in Azure, not a group mailbox.

2. It helps if you log-into the IDM, in an incognito window using this service account, to like o365.

3. Then register the connection.  If you do not have rights, then have a Azure admin with you on the call who can select the log-in option to provide approval.  They often dont have to do anything on the back end, just be there to approve the connection through the Fusion UI.

Finally, you may need to give this service account send-on-behalf of rights to any mailbox that you want to show as the originating address.

Level 1

Hi - 

New Workfront admin here. We are currently looking into fusion and have three possible automation we are looking into, two of them involving our partnerships team; curious if any of y'all are familiar with integrating Workfront with CRM platforms and have any tips on this. Thanks

@ewanh @AndyHess 

Employee

Hi @maddiemoore111 ,

Thank you for reaching out.  Connecting to CRM platforms with Fusion is one of our top three use cases.  We use it internally here at Adobe as well.  Probably the most important thing I've found is that when you connect to large instances with lots of custom data or fields it is best to use the custom API modules and get familiar with some basic JSON that call the specific fields.  This will optimize your scenario and keep the scenario size down. Of course, this all depends on which CRM platform you use and how its API is built.  

The scenario I've built out a few times now takes a URL reference put in by a requestor from our CRM, parses the account ID using Regex and then uses that in a GET Custom API call to pull CRM data fields that I want to map to Workfront Issues, Task, or Projects. 

Level 2

@ewanh
My Team is looking to use fusion to integrate with Jira. Will Fusion allow the exchange of data no mater where the new record originates?

Employee

Hi @Frank4MSC ,

Without knowing more about your environment or your specific needs I can't say specifically. Generally if you are connecting to JIRA in the cloud there isn't any problem reaching anything that is readily available in the API.  Even on premises you can mostly reach anything...but there are many more complications when dealing with on premises JIRA like Firewalls.   I have typically just connected to Issues in JIRA of all types and logged time.  I have found with some of the modules there is a visibility setting that can be ignored as in the example below.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.37.56 AM.png

Level 2

@ewanh @AndyHess 

We have been using Workfront Fusion for about a year and a half now. A couple questions:

1. A few of our scenarios has the webhook set to trigger whenever a "field a" is updated to "answer a" on a custom form of a project. However, I've noticed that whenever someone goes in and updates another field within that custom form and clicks save, it retriggers the webhook. I'm assuming that's due to Workfront recognizing "field a" with "answer a" is being saved again, even though that field itself was not updated - my question: Is there any way to prevent the webhook from triggering every time another field on the form is updated? I'd like to avoid creating a separate form with this one field.
  2. Are there plans for Fusion to have more filter options when creating a webhook? 

Thank you!

Employee

Hi Jeannine,

Great questions,

1. I love this question because it speaks to a newly released feature in Fusion that takes advantage of a Workfront event subscription filter called 'changed'.   Re-create the watch event webhook, and you will notice that you can set when field a = answer a AND field a is changed.   This will limit it to the one time that the field reaches the value indicated, and not on other events where that values simply is the current state.

2. The new features in the webhook are

• you can now select the state of the evaluation as new state or old state
  • and all of these new operators, before it was just Equals and Not Equals
  • Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 11.36.06 AM.png

Employee

True...you don't always need to compare New State with Old State...but sometimes that is needed.  

One gotcha with "Changed" (which by the way is a super handy operator) is that you want to make sure it is only looking for Updates and not New and Updates or you'll get double execution.  

Level 3

@ewanh or @AndyHess

I have a Fusion scenario that converts a Document at the Project Task level to a Proof and then applies an automated workflow using the convertToAutomatedWorkflowProof Proof HQ API call. I would like to also apply an existing template to the Proof, but I can't find a way to do that. I am able to easily apply the template to a versioned Proof by reading the current Template ID and then using the Create Proof module.

Do you know how I can apply the Template during the initial Document conversion using the Misc Action module (Workfront API), or if there is a way to apply the Template using the Proof HQ API after the Document has been converted to Proof?

Thanks,

Cristina

Employee

Hi Cris,

I would recommend that you use the rest API as a MISC action from the Workfront connection

It's a document action, createProofRest

Generally it is 2 steps, one to provide a JSON body for the advancedProofingOptions, then the Misc Action

Please see examples attached of the JSON Body, and the createProofRest WF Custom API Module

Hope this helps.   In the image you will notice we are manually building a stage, but you could have also selected a template ID from Proof.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 11.49.56 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-15 at 11.50.10 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-15 at 11.49.33 AM.png

Level 3

@AndyHess @ewanh

Hello, I am a brand new Fusion user. My company just purchased our license and I am taking the 3 day instructor led course next week. My question is coming from a different angle. Are there some common things people come to you wanting to do with Fusion that Fusion just can't do or is wrong for?  I feel my leadership is looking to Fusion to be the solution to all our problems and I am wondering if there are some things we can identify as don't expect it to do x, y, z.

thank you

Employee

Great question @Tvasilovic ,

The most common one I see are when people want things to change on the UI or to do things in the form they are working from.  Fusion works from triggered actions and if nothing has been captured by the API or there isn't a timed execution behind the scenes than nothing is going to automate.  I typically don't recommend using Fusion for things that you want to see results with in less than 10 seconds (and maybe that is generous as well) because there are just too many things that have to happen between the trigger action, fusion registering the trigger, the actions to take place and circle back around to the UI in the connected application.  The key things are triggering action and whether the applications' APIs support what you want to do. 

Level 3

@ewanh @AndyHess 

Hi, I have a scenario which is creating public links of assets uploaded to specific projects. I'd like to be able to post the public url to another field (i.e. description). Is this possible and what module would I use?

Thanks!
Andy

Level 3

Following, interested in learning more about this too @ewanh @AndyHess 

Employee

Hi @AndyKent

You can generally populate a URL based on attributes you have gathered from previous modules into any any "create" module or put/post Custom API module. You could test this by constructing a URL in a Set Variable module.  You just need to have the standard URL format.  If the Asset identifier or ID, or name or something doesn't show up in a URL than you may have problems.  Here is an example in Workfront: 

In one module I have set my domain as a variable: 

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 8.57.48 AM.png

And a second one I build upon that URL and reference attributes from other READ or SEARCH modules:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 9.00.34 AM.png

This above case is way more complex than you'll typically need and has additional text.  I have found that most text fields in Workfront auto-interpret URLs as such without additional HTML. 

Level 3

(@ewanh or @AndyHess)

Do you have an example of a scenario that posts a JSON payload to a webhook as the trigger for a scenario? This needs to run in production so can't use Postman (or similar.) Not too sure if I am asking this the correct way.
Thanks

Employee

Thanks @PoppyJennings ,

I haven't done this before but I am intrigued.   You can set a scenario to create a webhook and an additional scenario to get triggered by that webhook.  In theory that could pass a JSON Payload or a triggered action that could then pull in the JSON payload.   @AndyHess have you done this before?  

I'd imagine you would have to be careful about the size of the JSON payload.  You may want to see if you can pick up a package of Integration Consultant hours through your account rep to help fine tune this solution.

Correct answer by
Employee

Well folks....that's a wrap!

Thank you for reaching out to us and we look forward to catching you next time.  We will make every effort to follow up with any followup responses or anything posted at this point or before.