Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Tracking campaign spend in projects

Level 2

I'd like to start utilizing the expense tracking feature in Workfront. Does anyone use it to track ROI on campaigns and what is the step-by-step recommendation of how to get started? We are not looking to use Scorecards and will not need to track resource hours. They only want to track campaign spend and budgeting. I saw a few options so wanted to ask the community if you do this, and how.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi @JaimeDa,

Since you're not tracking resource hours I suspect our AFA Burn Report with Baselineᐩ solution is likely overkill, so instead invite you to consider either our Budget Vs Actual Quarterly Burn or Budget Vs Actual solutions (depending on whether you prefer a quarterly or an annual reporting style).

Regards,

Doug

Thank you for the response. Does this come at an additional cost? 

Level 10

My pleasure @JaimeDa,

Yes; we (AtAppStore) are Workfront's oldest partner, and you'll find more details on each of the links I sent. Others may also have suggestions on "native Workfront (only)" approaches that might suffice for your needs, too.

Regards,

Doug

I'd love to hear the native solutions. We don't have budget for any product add on.

Community Advisor

We don't use expenses specifically for "campaigns" but we do track expenses on projects using the built in features of Workfront. We use it just log the details of planned vs actual and then use those fields to report out on. Nothing fancy.