Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

New Commenting Beta: feedback needed on additional UI updates

Employee

Hi All,

I hope you had a chance to play around with the New Commenting Beta currently available on the issue object and soon to be available on the project, task and document objects (23.3 release). For those who did and provided the in-app feedback, really appreciate your time and input, we are reviewing those comments on daily basis.

We would like to present another UI update aimed at enhancing the visual presentation of the commenting stream. Before implementing this change, we want your feedback to ensure we're moving in the right direction. We would really appreciate if you go through this super quick usability test where you choose the UI that you think would work better for you. That will help drive our decision.

Thank you in advance!

Anna Asatryan, Sr. Product Manager, Adobe Workfront

@AnnaBalyan Sr. UX Designer, Adobe Workfront

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi Anna, now that our users are seeing the new commenting experience beta, someone asked me about the attachments feature, which I didn't find in any of the documentation, or the video.

What's the max file size of attachments?

Great new features BTW, thanks.

James

Employee

Hi James,

Thanks for reaching out. 

The attachment feature currently allows only image attachment, assuming the setting is enabled in the Setup -> Interface -> Update Feeds -> Preferences as with current commenting. We currently don't have a limitation on the image size one can attach to a comment.

As for the video/documentation, the feature wasn't highlighted specifically because it was already available with the old commenting.

Thank you for the nice feedback!

Level 4

Thanks for the reply! The paperclip "Add attachment" icon in the new experience essentially replaces the "Image" icon then, correct?  (see attached).

2023-08-01_10-29-45.png 

I ask because the "Image" attachment had a 7mb size limitation, and when testing the new one, we've experienced a error stating "unable to load file" when trying to attach a document.

We thought the enhancement was the ability to attach full documents vs. thumbnail images.

Thanks, James

Employee

Hi James,

We have brought back the image icon instead of the attachment icon to not create confusion with what can be uploaded. We currently don't have a limitation in place, so could you please submit an issue so that the team can take a closer look at what's going on?

Thanks.

Level 4

Hi Anna,

Now that it's more clear the attachments should be image files, I think we're good. The error was taking place because we were testing other document file types (pdf, Word, PPT).

Thanks, 

Employee

Thank you too James! Always appreciate the feedback and collaboration!