Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Event Follow-up] Request Queues

Employee Advisor

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 11.32.02 AM.png

Thanks again to all the customers who attended and participated in today's Learn event, Request Queues in Adobe Workfront, hosted by the Workfront Customer Success Team (@CynthiaBoon@LeslieSpier and @NicholeVargasThere were so many great questions that came through the chat that went unanswered, so we added a few below as replies. If you have a specific question that was not addressed, please reply to this post and we'll get back to you! 

For those who missed the session entirely, a copy of the slide deck is attached and a link to the on-demand recording is listed below, along with a few recommended resources:

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Question: I'm interested in the idea of a System Administrator request queue, but curious as to what the goal is? 

Answer: A Sys Admin request queue is a great place to start for training new admins. It is a single space for all users to ask you Workfront-related questions (similar to that of a help desk) and a way to start organizing a FAQ area. With all requests coming in to this queue, you can easily track the work you have done and log related time to those Workfront questions or asks, which can help with building a business case for additional headcount. 

Employee Advisor

Question: Is there a way to get notified when someone puts in a request?

Answer: There are a few different ways a user could be notified when a request is submitted.

• Routing rules (most common) - automatically route new requests to a specific team or individual. Ensure that the appropriate email notifications are turned on (I'm assigned a new work request, My team gets a new work request). 
  • A report or dashboard - create a report that pulls in all new requests submitted from all or specific request queues. That report can either be added to a dashboard which is set as the users' default landing page (layout template) or pinned to a users global navigation bar. You could even apply conditional formatting to highlight new requests for quick visibility. This report could also be automatically emailed to users on a daily or weekly basis. 
  • Email notifications - if you want to receive an email for ALL requests submitted into a project, regardless of whether or not you are assigned, there is an email notification for "A request is added to a project I'm on" that you can set to instant in your profile (if activated at the global level). You'll want to make sure that your name is on the People tab of the project for this to trigger. 

Employee

Question: Can you restrict queue from anyone logging time against since it is a queue ONLY?

Answer: Yes!  This is where digging into the Project Settings (under Edit Project) is really handy in order to allow certain functions at the Global level, but restrict them at the Project Level. Here's screenshot:

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 1.07.08 PM.png

(Bonus - this is also where the tip from @Lyndsy-Denk can be really helpful.  You can create a Project Template specifically for Request Queues, and set the access levels for what works best for your org.)

Employee

Question: Can you embed a Request Queue in a Project?

Answer: Yes!  Here's how I did it (but other folks might have a different approach).  I created a Dashboard, using the Request Queue link as the External Page, and then added the Dashboard to the Left Nav of the Project.

Bonus tip - for those of you that want to provide access to a specific Request Queue but limit access to other queues, there's helpful documentation article for this:

Obtain a link to a request queue with no ability to change the request type

Employee

Question: How do I display different custom forms on the same Request Queue? 

Answer: The best approach would be to create Queue Topics in your Request Queues, and add the applicable custom form to the corresponding Queue Topic. 

Bonus Tip #1: If you want to provide more "buckets" of options for your requesters, you can use the combination of Topic Groups and Queue Topics.  Here are some articles to get you started!

Create Topic Groups

Create Queue Topics

Bonus tip #2: You can also use Project Templates to add Custom Forms to Projects when you convert your requests.  This approach could streamline the number of fields needed to open the request, making the process a little easier for your requesters.

Attaching templates to projects