Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

[Event Follow-Up] Ask the Experts - Agile in Workfront

Employee Advisor

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 10.35.46 AM.png

THANK YOU to all customers who attended and participated in today's workshop, Ask the Experts - Agile in Workfront, hosted by Workfront Product Managers, Natalie Mitchell @NatalieM27 and Patrick Muir @PatrickMu1!  There were so many great questions that came through the chat, so a few highlights are added below as replies. If you have a specific question that was not addressed, please reply to this post! 

For those who missed the session, you can watch the on-demand recording here and download a copy of the slide deck below. Additional Agile events are scheduled for April and May so we hope to see you there! Register using the links below or via the Events page. 

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

Question from event chat: How are requests added to the backlog (automatically routed or manually added?) 

You can use dynamic filters to automatically add these to a board. 

Employee Advisor

Question from event chat: Are Boards going to replace current Agile Teams functionality in Workfront? Yes, that's what we're working toward. Boards allows for a lot more flexibility in managing your individual team processes and making adjustments as you identify opportunities for improvement. 

Community Advisor

Question, not seeing that there's an option to copy a Board. If we have a Board setup that took a while with certain filters/settings/card info/etc., and I want to that Board as a base for another Board and just make tweaks, not seeing a Copy option. Will this be coming?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Employee

Yes. A user will be able to copy a Board. In addition, a user should be able to save a board as a template and then share it out with other users.

Level 2

Do we know when this function is going to be available?

Level 2

From Agile Team setup:

It would helpful if this was not a global setting, but could be applied at the project level.  What's the chance of making that change?

jimg1954_0-1680035755953.png

Level 2

Is there a plan to actually create an object for Feature/Epic/Story? We use the Portfolio/Program/Project/Task to organize our work across teams and departments, so this would not be an option for us as suggested by Patrick. 

Level 2

Are the Boards being built to stand alone without requiring attachment to a project.  Currently, a team needs a project created to connect to the current Scrum storyboard.

Level 6

Hi @CathieLe , Boards themselves aren't connected to projects.  You can have cards on a Board all come from the same project, you can have cards from different projects, and you can have ad hoc cards that aren't attached to a project at all, or any combination to suit your needs.  

Level 6

@PatrickMu1 , I believe it was Mary Beth's question about how to track dates for milestones/checklist items on the card.  You said you would talk with her after.  I'm also interested in this answer.  Right now, as far as I can tell, the only date on the card is the final completion date.  I would like to be able to view dates when the card is expected to leave its current column or see check list items and their dates without opening the card.  

Great session!  

Level 2

Similar to Chloe and Patrick Request. Is there a way to show subtasks on the board but shows they are connected to a parent story. Not necessrily the view attached here but same conceptScreenshot 2023-04-13 124818.png