Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Accepting Commit Dates in New Commenting

Level 3

With the deprecation of the legacy commenting, I can no longer locate where to accept commit date changes/proposals. Can someone guide me to that functionality?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 3

I submitted a video to Workfront showing that users now have to click into task details to commit to a new date via the 'commit date' field INSTEAD of being able to do this by adding a new comment. In addition, even if a user does this and commits to a new date, the ability for a project owner to accept the new date no longer exists. I am so bummed by Workfront's response below and am shocked they didn't account for this before rolling out new commenting, especially because I gave this feedback multiple times that committing to a new date is critical.

WORKFRONT STATED THE FOLLOWING

After investigation, Our development team does recognize that there is indeed an issue here that they need to review in more detail. However, because of the time and effort it will take to build out the improvement, the work for this fix has been converted into a story, which is not something we can keep a support case open for. Stories are work items that are added to the team’s backlog and worked on over a period of time. There are no ETAs given on story work due to this.

I have given the following direction to our team as a workaround: If a team member needs to commit to a new date/an extension, they should tag the project manager in an update on that task stating the new due date they would like, then the PM needs to change the planned completion date of that task.