Expand my Community achievements bar.

Segment Membership update in Edge

Level 2

Hi ,

I have couple of questions on segment membership updates on Edge.

- Is there any delay in segment qualification data getting updated on Edge?

- Where can I see in the platform when the update on Edge happened?

- Can I see Edge Projection configuration anywhere in the platform?

Thanks,

Upasna

7 Replies

Level 2

Hello @UpasnaSh, Please refer to the questions you asked for :

1.  Is there any delay in segment qualification data getting updated on Edge?

Technically & as per documentation, There is no delay in segment qulaification for edge segmentation. You may refer to the product documentation whcih speaks about why a segment qulaified as Edge, Streaming or Batch

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/ui/edge-segmentation.html?l...

Level 2

There can be a delay in qualifying for Edge segmentation if the qualification requires an ID stitch. In that case the ID's are sent back to the hub for Identity processing and potentially profile merging.

If you're Edge segment does not require an ID stitch/profile merge, then it will happen on the edge server and have almost no delay.

This personalization on the Edge sequence diagram from Adobe details this out: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/blueprints-learn/assets/web_sdk_sequence.svg?lang=en

Level 2

Hi @derekselby  Appreciate your response! In the documentation link you shared, for point A (Screen shot attached) what is the cadence of profiles getting updated from hub to edge is it scheduled or does it update immediately? We are seeing delays in profiles getting updated on Edge.

UpasnaSh_0-1708528590032.png

Thanks again!

Level 2

It is not immediate. I've seen it take up to 15 minutes to perform the ID stitch and project the profile back to the Edge.

Community Advisor

Hi @derekselby @UpasnaSh  -  I agree its not immediate and i have seen instances where its immediate and sometimes it takes more than an hour to hydate the profile attributes. I am facing the issue currently in my project and have raised a support ticket to get more information.

Thanks,

Arpan

Community Advisor

Hey @UpasnaSh ,

Did you try switching the first party id as the primary id ? If you have default ecid mapped as primary, there can be a delay but if you switch the primary identifier to the first party id like a crm id etc, there is no delay in edge segmentation.

Some more details here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/web-sdk/identity/overview#:~:text=The....

IMG_6438.jpeg

Hope the above helps.

@arpan-garg Did you try the above mate at your end ? 

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

Hi @abhinavbalooni  - I didn't faced a problem with delay in evaluation of edge segments. However i am facing an issue where it takes time for the profile attribute from hub to be synced with edge and i am using the ECID as the primary id.

Do you recommend switching from ECID to CRM ID for this? I know as per documents its recommended to use CRM ID as primary.